Randy Wolf or Brad Lidge???

Postby planet » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:44 pm

who is better from here on out?
planet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:55 pm

How can you compare a starting pitcher and a closer?
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ensanimal » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:30 pm

it really depends on your needs.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby planet » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:27 pm

wolf is coming off some sort of injury and hasnt been too sharp since... lidge has incredible stuff and should be the closer from here on out... with great K/9 numbers...

the race for Ws and Saves are both tight and i can move up or down in either category...

i think that lidge is safer because he wont get rocked... and he is a horse.... wolf is good but i think he's more of a health risk... but he is great and has been good all year... i dunno.... please help...
planet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:30 pm

planet wrote:wolf is coming off some sort of injury and hasnt been too sharp since... lidge has incredible stuff and should be the closer from here on out... with great K/9 numbers...

the race for Ws and Saves are both tight and i can move up or down in either category...

i think that lidge is safer because he wont get rocked... and he is a horse.... wolf is good but i think he's more of a health risk... but he is great and has been good all year... i dunno.... please help...

I like your reasoning, I just find it hard to say who's going to be better between two different positions. Lidge probably is more consistent and more of a sure thing, though.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fireball Express » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:30 pm

Lidge over Wolf. He's a K machine and will put up better ratios. I don't even think it's close.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Strasil42 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:54 pm

yay lidge has way better stuff then wolf and will do better. So i guess you choose lidge over wolf. Really hard to compare a sp and a rp tho....
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby G-Man » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:04 pm

wolf is historically a guy who falters a bit in the 2nd half but run support will always be there and I think he will round into form shortly....Lidge on the other hand seems to be a prime candidate for overuse and may tire down the stretch. tough comparison either way.
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:08 pm

G-Man wrote:wolf is historically a guy who falters a bit in the 2nd half but run support will always be there and I think he will round into form shortly....Lidge on the other hand seems to be a prime candidate for overuse and may tire down the stretch. tough comparison either way.

Actually in 2002 I think he was dominant in the 2nd half. Last year he sucked. I guess we'll find out the true Wolf this year...
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:48 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:
G-Man wrote:wolf is historically a guy who falters a bit in the 2nd half but run support will always be there and I think he will round into form shortly....Lidge on the other hand seems to be a prime candidate for overuse and may tire down the stretch. tough comparison either way.

Actually in 2002 I think he was dominant in the 2nd half. Last year he sucked. I guess we'll find out the true Wolf this year...

Absolutely stay with Lidge.

ajgnyaoui - are you like living in the cafe? Have you been kicked out of the house or something - because you've been in here and in every thread all week? just curious.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers