Randy Wolf or Brad Lidge??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Randy Wolf or Brad Lidge???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Randy Wolf or Brad Lidge???

Postby planet » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:44 pm

who is better from here on out?
planet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 421
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: wash d.c.

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:55 pm

How can you compare a starting pitcher and a closer?
Image
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4067
Joined: 11 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: THE EMPIRE

Postby ensanimal » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:30 pm

it really depends on your needs.
ensanimal
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10622
(Past Year: 112)
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tim Horton's

Postby planet » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:27 pm

wolf is coming off some sort of injury and hasnt been too sharp since... lidge has incredible stuff and should be the closer from here on out... with great K/9 numbers...

the race for Ws and Saves are both tight and i can move up or down in either category...

i think that lidge is safer because he wont get rocked... and he is a horse.... wolf is good but i think he's more of a health risk... but he is great and has been good all year... i dunno.... please help...
planet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 421
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: wash d.c.

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:30 pm

planet wrote:wolf is coming off some sort of injury and hasnt been too sharp since... lidge has incredible stuff and should be the closer from here on out... with great K/9 numbers...

the race for Ws and Saves are both tight and i can move up or down in either category...

i think that lidge is safer because he wont get rocked... and he is a horse.... wolf is good but i think he's more of a health risk... but he is great and has been good all year... i dunno.... please help...


I like your reasoning, I just find it hard to say who's going to be better between two different positions. Lidge probably is more consistent and more of a sure thing, though.
Image
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4067
Joined: 11 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: THE EMPIRE

Postby Fireball Express » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:30 pm

Lidge over Wolf. He's a K machine and will put up better ratios. I don't even think it's close.
Image
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2516
Joined: 17 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Basking in the Sunshine

Postby Strasil42 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:54 pm

yay lidge has way better stuff then wolf and will do better. So i guess you choose lidge over wolf. Really hard to compare a sp and a rp tho....
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4347
Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

Postby G-Man » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:04 pm

wolf is historically a guy who falters a bit in the 2nd half but run support will always be there and I think he will round into form shortly....Lidge on the other hand seems to be a prime candidate for overuse and may tire down the stretch. tough comparison either way.
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1215
Joined: 21 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Baltimore

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:08 pm

G-Man wrote:wolf is historically a guy who falters a bit in the 2nd half but run support will always be there and I think he will round into form shortly....Lidge on the other hand seems to be a prime candidate for overuse and may tire down the stretch. tough comparison either way.


Actually in 2002 I think he was dominant in the 2nd half. Last year he sucked. I guess we'll find out the true Wolf this year...
Image
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4067
Joined: 11 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: THE EMPIRE

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:48 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:
G-Man wrote:wolf is historically a guy who falters a bit in the 2nd half but run support will always be there and I think he will round into form shortly....Lidge on the other hand seems to be a prime candidate for overuse and may tire down the stretch. tough comparison either way.


Actually in 2002 I think he was dominant in the 2nd half. Last year he sucked. I guess we'll find out the true Wolf this year...


Absolutely stay with Lidge.

ajgnyaoui - are you like living in the cafe? Have you been kicked out of the house or something - because you've been in here and in every thread all week? just curious.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 277)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact