COMBINED---Prior's scoring change - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

COMBINED---Prior's scoring change

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

COMBINED---Prior's scoring change

Postby flekk17 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:56 am

Following tonight's game against the Brewers, the official scorer changed a bunt to a single instead of a sacrifice, resulting in the four runs Mark Prior gave up becoming earned.
Weak. Craig Counsell bunted following a leadoff double in the first inning. Brendan Harris made the play, but he overthrew the first baseman and the Brewers went on to score four runs in the inning. Because the runs are now considered earned, Prior's ERA jumped from 3.00 to 4.00. Jul. 7 - 12:56 am et

This was posted in the venting section but I think it deserves to be here....
flekk17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:59 am

Yeah I read that too, the words that come to mind I can't say on this board. But lets just say I feel really pissed off. :-t
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby chinch sacs » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:29 am

hybrid wrote:Yeah I read that too, the words that come to mind I can't say on this board. But lets just say I feel really pissed off. :-t

I second you on this one, like its not bad enough that he gets the Lose, lets tag on 4 ER to boot.
:-/
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Prior Scoring

Postby t2green2 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:11 am

Anyone else wake up to find their ERA jumped?

From Rotoworld

Following tonight's game against the Brewers, the official scorer changed a bunt to a single instead of a sacrifice, resulting in the four runs Mark Prior gave up becoming earned.
Weak. Craig Counsell bunted following a leadoff double in the first inning. Brendan Harris made the play, but he overthrew the first baseman and the Brewers went on to score four runs in the inning. Because the runs are now considered earned, Prior's ERA jumped from 3.00 to 4.00. Jul. 7 - 12:56 am et
t2green2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DaveClay12 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:42 am

I did... It pi$$ed the he!! out of me.
DaveClay12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby blankman » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:09 am

I saw too ;-D

I don't own him ;-)
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:15 am

I saw it too and, while I think that Counsell should have gotten on on an error, Prior deserved to get tagged w/ the other earned runs as he was just not as commanding as he had been in the past. W/ the dude on second, he was all over the inside trying to get them to hit in front of the runner. This seemed like a good strategy but he seemed to not quite be able to hit the corners as we saw him do last year so, w/ a full count, he served up hanging breaking balls that the Brewers, unsuprisingly, teed off on.

I like Prior a lot-- to the extent that my wife bought me a jersey for my birthday last year-- but, even though he did settle down, he looked a lot shakier. W/ Leicester who's been very effective out of the pen, I was ok w/ Dusty pulling him when he appeared to be shaky again. I was NOT ok w/ the offense continuing to suck but that's a separate thread altogether...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby warrick95 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:19 am

GOD!!! They shouldn't change this crap after the freaking game. If they do that, they might as well look at replays and correct all of the umps' incorrect calls. That outing is absolutely horrific now. Takes all the zap out of Santana's start.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:22 am

I think that it would be better if they didn't announce these numbers DURING the game. I just about fell off of my couch when they said 'Prior only got one earned run there...' around the time they took him out. Obviously, that would 'devalue' stat-tracker type of things but, if they are at all on the fence, they should just wait until they are sure.

warrick95 wrote:GOD!!! They shouldn't change this crap after the freaking game. If they do that, they might as well look at replays and correct all of the umps' incorrect calls. That outing is absolutely horrific now. Takes all the zap out of Santana's start.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Armed and Hammered » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:44 pm

Who saw it? Which was the right call? Anyone know?
Armed and Hammered
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers