Where's Kazahito Tadano? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where's Kazahito Tadano?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where's Kazahito Tadano?

Postby Spokes » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:10 am

I mean, he was so good in relief of Sabathia 2 weeks ago and was great again last week in his start...so, why are they going back to Scott Elarton? Can Indians fans out there tell me what's going on with Tadano's role?
Thanks!
The best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw you should watch your mouth...'cause I'll break yo face."
Spokes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby godallahstar » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:28 am

wedge said tadanos going back into being a reliever
godallahstar
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thehat » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:33 am

Beyond amazing to me. Why they keep trooping Elarton, who's been hideous for many moons, out there every fifth day is something I do not comprehend.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Spokes » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:35 am

EXACTLY! Elarton, who was good about 5-6 years ago, has an ERA over 8...AND HE'S BEEN PITCHING PRETTY WELL LATELY! That should tell you how awful he is. Tadano has dominated in his 2 long appearences this year...but Elarton is still in the rotation and Tadano is in the bullpen? Now, that Indians bullpen needs as much help as possible. I understand that. But, it isn't like they were going to him a lot in the first place. Other than his 2 long apperances, he had only pitched 12.1 innings this year. And has struggled in that role. So...MAKE HIM A STARTER! I don't know. Maybe I am not seeing the whole story, but it sure does sound like team suicide when a manager selects a cooked veteran to fill out his staff rather than a promising youngster who has shown he can pitch 6-7 innings of quality, quality baseball.
As a Tadano owner and a needer of pitching, I am so pissed with this apparent news.
The best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw you should watch your mouth...'cause I'll break yo face."
Spokes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:09 am

Hope you had him benched today. It wasn't pretty and I doubt that the outing helped his bid for a starting role. !+)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DMXdawg » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:11 am

The thing is, Tadano says he's better as a starter cause he could prepare. Seems like he's an intellectual pitcher maybe (I dunno much about him)

I really hope he starts.
DMXdawg
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Spokes » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:50 am

Well, in my points league Madison, runs are only -0.5 points while Ks are worth 2 points, so I didn't mind the 5.5 points he gave me. Now, Elarton was his usual horrible self today. Tadano didn't do well either, but he hasn't done very well out of the bullpen all year. He has only pitched well as a starter. And I believe it when he says he can be better as a starter. Some pitchers have certain mentalities where they pitch better in different situations. I mean, Eric Gagne was horrible as a starter. Here in So Cal, they were all over him, saying how much he sucked and blah blah blah. They move him to the bullpen to get his confidence up and look what happens. He is the type of pitcher who has the mentality to close. Some have the mentality to setup. Some have the mentality to start. Tadano is in that latter group and keeping him in the bullpen any longer is just a waste of his obvious talent.
Spokes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:01 am

Spokes wrote:Well, in my points league Madison, runs are only -0.5 points while Ks are worth 2 points, so I didn't mind the 5.5 points he gave me.

Wow, one k erases 4 earned runs 8-o ? That must be some scoring set up. 8-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Fumbler » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:16 am

My Sportsline league update on him says he's going to be moved into the rotation after the All-Star break:

News: Kazuhito Tadano is expected to replace Jason Davis in the rotation after the All-Star break.

Analysis: Tadano might be plugged into the rotation when the Mariners travel to Seattle. He is worth picking up in AL-only leagues for this favorable matchup.
Fumbler
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Spokes » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:19 am

Fumbler wrote:My Sportsline league update on him says he's going to be moved into the rotation after the All-Star break:

News: Kazuhito Tadano is expected to replace Jason Davis in the rotation after the All-Star break.

Analysis: Tadano might be plugged into the rotation when the Mariners travel to Seattle. He is worth picking up in AL-only leagues for this favorable matchup.

WOOOOOOOOOOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO!!!!WOOOOOOOOOOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO!!!!
Spokes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers