Faked Moon Landing - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Faked Moon Landing

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Faked Moon Landing

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:38 pm

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

Don't look at the cheesy font and format of the page and X out. It's pretty interesting.

It's also pretty long, so if you don't have the time to read it, scroll down, oh, maybe a third of the page, and read the part titled

"Australian Viewers See Something That Proves Apollo 11 Was A Fake"

It's the funniest (NOT the most convincing, but the funniest) of the evidence against the Apollo flights.

Curious on thoughts.
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:14 am

All their evidence is BS. It can all be proven wrong, and has been proven wrong. ANd if there was a coke bottle in the Australian footage, TRUST ME, it would be well known and there would have been videos everywhere. Not just a conspiracy where a few people claim to have seen it.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:18 am

I don't necessarily don't believe you, however is it possible Jackal that you might be able to link me to a site somewhere disproving all the evidence against the landing.

Thanks

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LBJackal » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:27 am

There was a whole show on it, going step by step through everything conspiracy theorists claimed. It was on the discovery channel. Watch that, then you'll see. I don't know if they have a site with all the info from the show, but it's been on lots of times.

Conspiracies are more fun to believe than the truth, which is why people are still making sites like the one you linked to. That's also why some people don't believe in dinosaurs, and why people think aliens made crop circles :-b

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:46 am

LBJackal wrote:There was a whole show on it, going step by step through everything conspiracy theorists claimed. It was on the discovery channel. Watch that, then you'll see. I don't know if they have a site with all the info from the show, but it's been on lots of times.

Conspiracies are more fun to believe than the truth, which is why people are still making sites like the one you linked to. That's also why some people don't believe in dinosaurs, and why people think aliens made crop circles :-b

Haha, hey I'm not as bad as Carl Everett!

I do understand your point about the appeal of conspiracy theories, and when I read one I do so skeptically.

But I also like to have an open mind to the possibility that the government might not be 100% truthful. To be completely honest I am not quite sure what I believe yet regarding some conspiracy theories. I can sort through most of the crap, but there's still much left unexplained. Area 51 for example....

I am sure much of the site says can be disproved. It isn't written by anyone credible, it isn't real polished or anything. I figured it would be a good starting point for a conversation of conspiracy theories. I know there have been threads like this before, however I strongly feel that the topic has not be discussed to its fullest.

Let me ask you this Jackal. How would you rationalize all of the government secrecy and mystequie of Area 51. Or maybe a better question, how would you explain the disappearence of all of the planes and ships in the Bermuda Triangle.

My point being that there is still some "conspiracies" that appear to hold merit, or at least enough to take a look into.

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Flockers » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:00 am

LBJackal wrote:There was a whole show on it, going step by step through everything conspiracy theorists claimed. It was on the discovery channel. Watch that, then you'll see. I don't know if they have a site with all the info from the show, but it's been on lots of times.

I think I saw that special LB, wasn't it on like 1-2 years ago or something? Because I remeber seeing a program on The Apollo 13: Heroes or Hoax.
Flockers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:31 am

CrazyPooja90 wrote:Or maybe a better question, how would you explain the disappearence of all of the planes and ships in the Bermuda Triangle.

Gigantic seamonster eats them all. ;-D

:-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby LBJackal » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:36 am

CrazyPooja90 wrote:

Haha, hey I'm not as bad as Carl Everett!

I do understand your point about the appeal of conspiracy theories, and when I read one I do so skeptically.

But I also like to have an open mind to the possibility that the government might not be 100% truthful. To be completely honest I am not quite sure what I believe yet regarding some conspiracy theories. I can sort through most of the crap, but there's still much left unexplained. Area 51 for example....

I am sure much of the site says can be disproved. It isn't written by anyone credible, it isn't real polished or anything. I figured it would be a good starting point for a conversation of conspiracy theories. I know there have been threads like this before, however I strongly feel that the topic has not be discussed to its fullest.

Let me ask you this Jackal. How would you rationalize all of the government secrecy and mystequie of Area 51. Or maybe a better question, how would you explain the disappearence of all of the planes and ships in the Bermuda Triangle.

My point being that there is still some "conspiracies" that appear to hold merit, or at least enough to take a look into.

Yeah, some conspiracies must be true. Just not the lunar landing, IMO. Like you said, there aren't any really credible people debating this, because there's really nothign that can't be explained. As for Area 51 or the Bermuda Triangle, I don't know enough about them to say if I believe them or not.

And I saw the show a while ago, but somebody on here mentioned that they saw it about a month ago I think. They must keep airing it. It wasn't 2 years ago that I saw it...it was at most a year ago.

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:39 am

Madison wrote:
CrazyPooja90 wrote:Or maybe a better question, how would you explain the disappearence of all of the planes and ships in the Bermuda Triangle.

Gigantic seamonster eats them all. ;-D

:-D

Lol.

This is actually one conspiracy theory I don't know as much as I would like to know on. Some of the more logical theories are

1) The magnetic poles are different there. There are a few spots on Earth where compasses get messed up and the poles are screwed around. If sailors or pilots don't adjust to the change, they could get off course, leading toward a crash. This theory looks good on paper, but it has a few holes in it.

2) There is some gas imbalance in the water and air (can't recall specifics. A lack of nitrogen kind of rings a bell but I am going to refreash my memory to be sure later) So both the water and air are thin there, which causes boats and planes to crash.

Both these theories still leave plenty of questions.

Let me say this, one of the most interesting examples of the Bermuda triangle was when the boat actually turned up. They found the boat out drifting at sea, and everyone on board was dead. EXCEPT for one. And that person never spoke another coherent thing for the rest of his life.

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:16 am

CrazyPooja90 wrote:Let me say this, one of the most interesting examples of the Bermuda triangle was when the boat actually turned up. They found the boat out drifting at sea, and everyone on board was dead. EXCEPT for one. And that person never spoke another coherent thing for the rest of his life.

I told you what it was. A gigantic seamonster. }:-) Lol. :-D

I don't know as much as I used to about the Triangle, but it's always been interesting to discuss.

Here's something though, did you know that the ocean is so deep in places that we haven't reached the bottom yet due to a lack of technology? Could something be living down there? *Insert Twilight Zone music now*.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to General Talk