Ridiculous (but good) Counter-Offers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ridiculous (but good) Counter-Offers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ridiculous (but good) Counter-Offers

Postby Precise » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:06 pm

One of my fantasy teams needs help in the pitching department and i am stacked with 3b eligible players with chipper, huff, tex, and chavez

so i look for a 3b deprived team with strong pitching and i find a squad that has chone figgins playing 3b. I offer him eric chavez and cliff lee in hopes of landing Curt Schilling and he rejects the offer BUT makes a counteroffer offering me Schilling PLUS Johnny Estrada in exchange for Victor Martinez. i laughed out-loud and accepted the trade. i just hope it doesnt get vetoed.

has anybody else had similar experiences where you make a legitimate trade offer that an opposing owner rejects, but then he makes you a counter-offer that is ridiculously one-sided in your favor?

PS. i had this same owner in a fantasy basketball league and i offered him juwan howard in exchange for michael finley. he rejected and offered me JASON KIDD in exchage for juwan howard. That has to be one of the most lop-sided trades in fantasy sports history B-)
Precise
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cooner » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:10 pm

um, can i get his email? i want to invite him to my next league.... 8-o
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby matmat » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:19 pm

tell me, is it fun to play in a league like that?
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby great gretzky » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:27 pm

why do people get down?

Trades like that happen in real life too. There are abosloute steals that happen frequently enough that it isn't worth getting mad at.

You would think the yankees and sox would get bored of getting all the best players too. no need to make a remark like that.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby jpusl19 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:11 pm

I get the opposite counteroffers in my league, i offered beltre for Brett Boone, when i had beltre benched behind M. Cabs during one of beltre hot streaks. And not only did the guy reject the trade (one that i thought he was making out on) he counteroffered B. Boone for the Big Unit 2 days after his perfect game.
jpusl19
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:13 pm

great gretzky wrote:why do people get down?

Trades like that happen in real life too. There are abosloute steals that happen frequently enough that it isn't worth getting mad at.

You would think the yankees and sox would get bored of getting all the best players too. no need to make a remark like that.

Trades like that happen in real life because teams are dumping salaries or are trading players that are going to become a free agent and leave the team anyway.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby great gretzky » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:16 pm

true, be that as it may -- there are still dumb and lopsided trades, salaries or otherwise. the salary issue isn't always the case. And even if so, the rest of the league can't really complain about it. At the end ofthe day you just have to play ball.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby thehat » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:21 pm

great gretzky wrote:true, be that as it may -- there are still dumb and lopsided trades, salaries or otherwise. the salary issue isn't always the case. And even if so, the rest of the league can't really complain about it. At the end ofthe day you just have to play ball.

That's one of the great things about fantasy leagues. We can complain about it, and in extreme cases, do something about it as well.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby great gretzky » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:58 pm

so be it. but legislating personnel moves and strategy is not really in the spirit of being your own coach and gm that fantasy provides. dealing with adversity and such is also part of the game. there are always going to be sharper and less sharp participants in any endeaver -- who are we to legislate someone else's reasons for doing something? what's next legislating agains bad draft picks because it ruins the integrity of the league?
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Baseball Leftovers