[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 562: include(./includes/trivia_unanswer.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 562: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './includes/trivia_unanswer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php')
who stole lots of bases? (answered) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Trivia Time Trial

who stole lots of bases? (answered)

Moderator: Baseball Trivia Mods

who stole lots of bases? (answered)

Postby ukrneal » Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:04 am

Most of us know that Rickey Henderson (a right handed hitter) has stolen the most bases in baseball history. What you may not know is that most of the top baseball stealers were either lefties or switch hitters.

Since 1900, what right-handed batter has stolen the next highest number of bases (career) after Rickey?
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:51 pm

Bert Campaneris

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby ukrneal » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:06 am

Great guess. I think he was third or fourth of all righties if I remember correctly. So incorrect.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Andy1234 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:49 am

Arlie Latham, with 739 SB, has the second most SB for a Righty. He is 8th Overall in Career SB.

Followed by
3.) Honus Wagner, 10th overall
4.) Bert Campaneris, 14th overall
5.) Hugh Duffy, 21st overall<br><br><span class=gensmall>Accepted as answer by ukrneal on Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:06 am EST.</span>
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby ukrneal » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:09 am

In this case Honus Wagner was the answer as Arlie Latham had his SB pre-1900.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Andy1234 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:42 am

ukrneal wrote:In this case Honus Wagner was the answer as Arlie Latham had his SB pre-1900.
I missed the Pre-1900 part, Sorry.
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby utterchaos » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:46 am

ukrneal wrote:In this case Honus Wagner was the answer as Arlie Latham had his SB pre-1900.
Yes, but shouldn't you disregard Wagner's 121 stolen bases that occurred before 1901? That would make Campaneris the correct answer.
utterchaos
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Champion

Postby ukrneal » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:46 am

Utterchaos - Hmm, actually you are right. I had a slightly different question in mind than I asked. But accroding to the question, Burt Campenaris should be the correct answer.

Is there a way to change that?

Thanks for catching it.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Trivia Time Trial