trades (my first post!) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

trades (my first post!)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

trades (my first post!)

Postby StevefromToronto » Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:57 am

Hey all,

Lemme know what you think of these trades I made over the last week. I wont tell you which side of the trade was my team so as not to bias your opinions (but feel free to guess :-))

Trade #1:
Kent, Sweeney
for
Soriano, Vizquel

Trade #2:
Derek Lowe
for
Tony Armas Jr.
Ivan Rodriguez

Thanks in advances for the input.
Steve-o
StevefromToronto
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Mon Jul 15, 2002 7:00 am

Welcome aboard, Steve-o!

As far as the first trade is concerned, it really looks like a win-win situation to me. If one team is plugging a hole at 1b while the other does the same at ss, the swap of 2b's looks like a good way to make the deal fair. If both sides can fill needs this way, it looks like an excellent deal.

The second deal is a lot harder to analyze, since all three players have question marks surrounding them. Lots of folks think Lowe will go downhill in the second half, wilting under the unaccustomed workload. I'm not sure about this, but his last starts haven't been all that sharp.

Armas was also hit hard twice in a row by the Braves, but he should remain solid. Pudge is hit-or-miss: if he plays at the level he's capable of, he's a steal in this trade, but that's far from certain. I can understand both sides' logic in this deal, but I think I'd rather take my chances with Pudge and Armas.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigboy » Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:40 am

Hey steve, how is everything up there!
what is the word on Orlando Hudson,I thought he would be up by now.
bigboy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby menyak » Tue Jul 16, 2002 8:51 pm

Steve-o,

you've chosen to receive notifications when someone replies to your post, but your email address isn't working. :-[ Please click on "profile" and correct this problem.

Thanks! ;-D
"Never argue with an idiot. People won't know who's who."
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

thanks all.

Postby StevefromToronto » Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:45 am

Thanks, I fixed the prob with my profile.

And thanks for the advice.
For the record, I got the Soriano and Lowe end of the two trades and have been happy with both up to now.
StevefromToronto
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Pudge

Postby Jorge » Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:00 pm

the second trade is basically pitching for hiting. Depends on how deep your league is, chaces are Tony Armas Jr. can be replaced by a guy on your waiver wire quite easily? If you need a catcher, Pudge is the guy to get for the second half. he is really heating up. I'd leave guys like Wooten and Phelps alone since the expectations are high they tend to disappoint.

If you need some help in hitting, Lowe probably wont get you a guy like Posada or Piazza but Pudge looks cheap now while he has a very HIGH chance to end up with a better second half than those two.

nice steal ;-D
Jorge

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers