advice please - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

advice please

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

advice please

Postby roshambo » Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:43 am

Hi, I am in a 12 team standard rotisserie scoring league. 21 players per team. Start 8 position players and 1 utility. Must start 7 pitchers with 2 being SP and 2 RP, other 3 can be either. Here is my lineup

C LoDuca
1B Bagwell
2B Kent
SS J. Hernandez
3B Beltre
OF V. Guerrero
OF A. Dunn
OF P. Wilson
UT Vidro
Bench:
Salmon, A. Huff

SP Colon
SP K. Brown
SP K. Wood
SP C. Zambrano
SP G. Rusch
SP K. Wells
RP Sasaki
RP Mantei
RP Looper
RP Johan Santana

I've put out the following waiver requests, but I dont know what my position is and may not get any of them.

drop Rusch p/o Lance Carter
drop Salmon p/o Austin Kearns
drop Beltre p/o Joe Crede
drop Wells p/o Juan Cruz

I think my pitching is a little thin. if i get either Carter or Cruz off the wire, I would try to deal for another starter. I feel pretty good about Colon, Brown and Wood. Zambrano should be decent as a 5th, but would like one more strong starter. My bullpen will be light on saves I think, adding Cruz would help because I really think he will be given the job in Chicago.

My lineup...well I am pretty happy with the power there. I will have a ton of HR/RBI but will be thin on SB. If I cant get Crede, I would like to deal for a 3B. Vidro is not a bad UT person, but would rather have a speed guy there. I think Hernandez and Wilson will put up big numbers in Coors.

Please give me your opinions where I should upgrade/change.

Thanks
roshambo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby roshambo » Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:52 am

oh just wanted to add these P are on waivers:

Peavy, K. Benson, Sturtze, Beckett, Lackey....anyone worth taking?
roshambo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby icalderus » Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:11 am

My main concern would be bagwell given his off season shoulder issues and age. other than that you look well balanced.
icalderus
College Coach
College Coach

Postby roshambo » Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:53 am

Ok, waiver day has passed and I've added a few players. Please take a look. I think I should be looking to make a trade to get another closer.

C LoDuca
1B Bagwell
2B Kent
SS J. Hernandez
3B Crede
OF V. Guerrero
OF A. Kearns
OF Preston Wilson
UT Vidro
Bench:
Salmon, A. Dunn

SP Colon
SP K. Brown
SP K. Wood
SP C. Zambrano
SP T. Lilly
SP K. Ainsworth
RP/SP Johan Santana

RP Sasaki
RP Mantei
RP L. Carter

Which starter should i trade? Not a whole lot available on WW right now. Should I also try to trade Salmon, Dunn or Vidro for a base stealer/avg guy like Pierre or Castillo?
roshambo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby roshambo » Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:14 am

c'mon guys...any input, please?

the guys in my league dont seem real willing to make any trades....or I'm just offering real bad deals or something.
roshambo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Stand Pat!

Postby Dave » Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:34 am

You dealt yourself a straight flush. Of course, no one can help you! Your team is better than there's [and mine.]

I'm always watching the Saves column for emerging closers. Maybe, there is someone available to nab, like how you got Lance Carter. (Look for Villaferte.)

Your pitching set-up is much like mine. We share Wood, Lilly, Santana and Mantei. K's should be in good shape.

Your hitting is also much like mine. Aside from one player, I have no idea where the steals are coming from. Would you believe I have zero to date? With Vidro, you have two. No problem. Steals is just one category.

Dunn will back up 1B and OF. So, I'd keep him.

If you can get what Salmon's worth, maybe you could find a way to upgrade. But, I suspect your league fears you too much already-- they look at the standings and assume you are smarter than them. So, maybe, trading will be hard.

For steals and average, maybe nab Baldelli and waive someone? Perhaps, you can get more out of waivers than your headstrong runner's up!
Dave

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby roshambo » Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:45 am

thanks for the input Dave. I do this to myself every year...i get a good draft and i tinker my team out of the playoffs when i should just stand pat.

as it stands right now i 0 steals and 0 saves. those are 2 categories that i will be finishing last in. the other 4 hitting categories i have locked up right now.

ive been keeping my eye on Baldelli, i wouldnt know who to drop for him though. i still think i could improve my pitching with one top closer and maybe a 2nd tier starter.

what do you think i could get for Kent and Salmon?

but like you said, i dont think the other teams want to help me out any. would you take this deal....salmon/dunn/colon for schilling/wagner?
roshambo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team