Casey dropped?!?! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Casey dropped?!?!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Casey dropped?!?!

Postby FantasyNoob » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:48 am

I feel like it's a no brainer for me to drop Raffy and use #6 waiver priority to try to pick him up (if I could be so lucky). Is there something I don't know, like Casey gone longer then 15 day DL indicates?
-------
Edit: These guys are my friends, and the one dropping him knows his baseball, so I can't see how he could think this is a reasonable move. He has admitted to cheating at cards before...
I just don't know, since he's not on the no drop list, and it's not a trade, there's no way to veto this drop.
FantasyNoob
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coach McGuirk » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:45 am

I'm assuming this guy is buying into the history of Casey's inability to remain healthy for a full year. I traded him a couple of weeks ago when his value was peaked, but I never would have dropped him.

Its a no brainer to pick him up, especially if you can stash him on the DL without dropping anyone. If you need to drop Raffie to get him, then it might give you pause, but I am not a huge Raffie fan, so I'd do it. Casey has a great average and could come close to matching Raf's power numbers, IF he can stay healthy.
"Plaque is a figment of the liberal media and the dental industry to scare you into buying useless appliances and pastes."
Coach McGuirk
College Coach
College Coach

Postby john gardner » Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:17 am

I have Casey and have considered dropping him. Take a look at his numbers since june 1st. Also take a look at his month to month splits over the past few years. Looks like you could conclude that his 60 day hot streak ended in May and he's now hurt. Several other players are hurt, too. This is not to say he's all bad, just back to normal and will not win the NL batting tittle. B-) B-)
You never can tell...the depth of the well...by the length of the handle on the pump..
john gardner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers