ok another trade... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ok another trade...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ok another trade...

Postby terpfan » Sun Jul 14, 2002 5:59 pm

i trade jaun gonzalez, jimmy rollins, troy glaus, and vincente padilla
for derek jeter, ryan klesko and tony armas jr.

the other person had also been suggesting taking jaun gone and klesko out of the deal.

what do u think of these trades. my main problem with the second one is it would leave me starting jaun gone or phil nevin and i was hoping to leave them benched untill it is proven that they r productive. is nevin a better option at 3rd than glaus?
terpfan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Sun Jul 14, 2002 7:09 pm

Nevin is still a risk so soon after he was activated, but initial signs have been pretty good. He may not be a better option than Glaus yet, he he could easily be just that within a few weeks.

Overall, the deal looks fairly even. If you can use the roster spot, the trade probably makes sense for you; if not, then I'd pass. The safest course, however, would be to hold up on it until you've been able to see Nevin play for a week or two. If he's looking sharp, then you can make the trade without worrying about having a weak hot corner.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby terpfan » Sun Jul 14, 2002 7:20 pm

i need the roster spot to bring nevin off the dl. do u think the first trade is a better option? if i did that i could move pujols to 3rd and replace him in the outfield with klesko. this way i wouldnt have to worry about my third base situation... do u think this trade still looks good enough for the other side?
terpfan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Arlo » Mon Jul 15, 2002 6:34 am

I do think the first trade is better for you, but if the other owner balks because of Juan's thumb trouble, you may have to remove him and Klesko. Whatever it is (it seems like tendinitis, but I've also heard it's just a bruise), it should be minor - just make sure the other owner knows about it.

If you have Pujols on your squad, then trading Glaus shouldn't be a problem. It's always nice to be able to shuffle players around like that. And if the other team needs a 3b, I think the deal still looks good, although you never can tell what anybody will feel is enough. It's worth a shot, at any rate, and even if it's rejected, it sounds like you're close enough to a deal that it shouldn't take too much reworking. Good luck!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Nevin

Postby Timmm » Tue Jul 16, 2002 7:23 am

Nevin looks good. Go ahead and trade Glaus -who's slacked off a bit. Look for Nevin to take off after the 'Zona series, if not earlier. He is due for some homers.
Timmm

Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers