ALL ADVICE WELCOME (KEEPERS) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ALL ADVICE WELCOME (KEEPERS)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ALL ADVICE WELCOME (KEEPERS)

Postby bigboy » Sun Jul 14, 2002 12:26 pm

I AM IN A VERY LONG RUNNING AND ULTRA DEEP 16 TEAM MIXED LEAGUE.THIS YEAR I AM OUT OF IT,AND AM PLAYING FOR NEXT YEAR(14 PLACE).
I HAVE ALREADY STARTED GATHERING PLAYERS:BECKETT($2),OSWALT($2),KIP WELLS($2),CLEMENT($2),NICK JOHNSON($2),GER.GIAMBI($11),PATTERSON($2),GANGE($2),MIKE WILLIAMS($8),C.PENA($5)SCOTT WILLIAMSON($1 IF WILLAMSON STARTS NEXT HE WILL BE A RELIEF ELIGIABLE STARTER,VERY VALUABLE FOR MY LEAGUE COUNTS INNINGS ). MY FREE GUYS ARE: M.RILEY,R.SORIANO,E.GERMAN
I ADD $5 TO EACH DOLLAR GUYFOR NEXT YEAR.FREE GUYS COST $2 WHEN THEY ARE ACTIVATED.OUR CAP # IS $325,FLOOR #225 AT THE AUCTION NEXT YEAR I HAVE $325 MINUS MY $$ KEEPERS.
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF MY KEEPERS?

P.S. I HAVE BEEN OFFERED A TRADE:I GIVE UP PUDGE RODRIGUEZ FOR 2 FREE KEEPERS CUDDYER AND CREDE I WOULD HAVE TO GIVE THEM A CONTRACT(HOW MANY YEARS I WOULD KEEP THEM)
ALL KEEPERS ARE GUARANTEED IN YOUR LINE UP WHITH INJURY BEING THE ONLY TO GET THEM OUT.

I KNOW THIS IS A LOT INFO TO DIGEST BE I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP I CAN GET(I WANT TO BEAT THESE OVER COMPETITIVE JERKS)
bigboy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Sun Jul 14, 2002 6:12 pm

Hi! That's a great group of keepers for a 16-team league. Beckett, Oswalt and Gagne are unbelievable for just $7 (next year), and so is Clement. The jury isn't quite in on Wells yet, but he's terrific for that low salary. Mike Williams at $13 is also sweet, unless he is traded again, which I doubt will happen. And even if Williamson doesn't start, he's still an excellent value for the money. That's a pretty impressive pitching staff for a bargain basement price.

The hitters look a bit more iffy. Johnson has potential, but he might not fully realize it next year, and the Yankees may not be very patient. Giambi may or may not be worth keeping at that price; at the moment things look good, but keep a close eye on him in the second half. Playing time is still an issue here. Patterson is obviously a steal, and I also like Pena for next season, although his progress should also be watched closely.

Your free guys are good, but it would be nice to have a higher-ranked prospect or two. Cuddyer could certainly fit the bill here. Check out this week's sleeper column for some raves; he can flat out hit.

I'm not quite as high on Crede as some. At the moment, I still see him as a hit-or-miss prospect. Whether to make this deal depends primarily on Pudge's current salary.

Overall, I think you're in excellent shape. With that core, you should be able to either make a big splash in the draft, or else trade some of your bargains to a team with cap problems. If you can land a bat or two to form the foundation of your lineup, you definitely won't be out of the hunt at mid-season next year...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigboy » Sun Jul 14, 2002 7:06 pm

thanks for the help! Pudge is 31.00 he will be 36.00 next year.
bigboy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

more moves

Postby bigboy » Tue Jul 16, 2002 12:52 am

Pudge was traded for K.Millar and J.Jones.I then traded Jones for Cuddyer.
I like what I have but am still working for more!
bigboy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Arlo » Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:37 pm

What's Millar's salary? With so many absolute bargains on board, you might actually be able to go the opposite of the usual rebuilding route and trade for an expensive star to build around.

And I love the Jones for Cuddyer deal. The potential is there - hope it works out!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers