If Morneau Gets Called Up This Week ... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

If Morneau Gets Called Up This Week ...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

If Morneau Gets Called Up This Week ...

Postby d18Mike » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:12 pm

If Morneau Gets Called Up ... where do the Twins plan to use him? Are there any injuries/undrperformers or trades in the work that will ensure him playing time?

I'm looking for and excuse (as if I need one) to dump R. Palmiero ... but I just can't see Morneau getting more than 3-4 games a week given the Twins current lineup.

I did see that the Twins were scouting Kris Benson. Perhaps they intend to trade a bat to make room for Morneau?
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thehat » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:58 pm

He's strictly DH, unless Mientkiewicz is moved, right? And even then, he'd probably only see 1B if LeCroy wasn't playing. I'd love to see him gain some position eligibility as I refuse to own a DH...ties up my Utility spot and really hinders my ability to manage my lineup the way I want to. But I don't see it happening this season.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby T bleep O » Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:51 pm

All i know buddy is that Mauer is god and need to stick to that number 3 hole.
T bleep O
College Coach
College Coach

we

Postby JOEG » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:08 pm

We need to make a trade ASAP, we have far to many good players and not enough great ones... DOug is fine hitting 250 ish with his defense, however when we have a 40 homer guy getting held back by him, that 250 looks like 150! I can't see us making a huge move which equals Morneau getting the shaft. We should trade Jones, but Hunter is his best friend and a baby when it comes to loyalty (he cried so hard whn we traded AJ and lost the relievers), so we are stuck there.
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby beezer » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:28 pm

I just lost Nevin and Ward for a while. I picked up Morneau with the rumors of him getting called up this week. Considering I only have Millar and Stairs to play first, I need him to play!! How can the Twins keep him back??!! I agree with you JOEG, the Twinkies have got to unload someone to make room for Morneau and pick up a star at the same time!! How much depth can one team have?? I know they are a small market team, but, if they trade for a star and give Morneau a shot, they can make a nice run at the playoffs!
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

yeah

Postby JOEG » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:32 pm

Yeah I agree we need to make a push this year. My main point and fear on that comment is Cleveland is going to be scary next year if they spend money wisely. If I were them I would go for a big 2b or SS bat and a couple nice pitchers and trade Lawton to make room for Seizemore. So many top of the line superstars in the making it's unreal
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yogi » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:53 pm

All i know buddy is that Mauer is god and need to stick to that number 3 hole.

Where exactly did this come from? T bleep O, are you an english major?
Baseball is 90% mental, the other half is physical.
Yogi Berra
Yogi
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers