MLB orders Foulke to take Flag off baseball cap. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB orders Foulke to take Flag off baseball cap.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ensanimal » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:20 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
ensanimal wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
DK wrote:
Sunspot wrote:I believe there should be an U.S. Flag on all uniforms, not necesarily the hat, but it should be somewhere.

What about Montreal and Toronto? 8o

Montreal wont be in Canada for any more than a year, and does anyone really care about Toronto? (besides Jackal and Mookie :-b )

i'm pretty sure montreal will be in canada for more than a year. the expos may not be, but i'm pretty sure montreal will be. ;-) :-D

Not so fast ensanimal. The Bloq Quebecois did very well in the last election - Montreal may not be in Canada in a few years. (For the Americans - Quebec wants to separate and take Montreal with them into a new country).

And as for the flag - we can put the flag on our uniforms but can we sew them in upside down?

Does anyone remember what happened at game 2 of the 1992 World Series?

how about we use this flag?

even though the bloc did well, i still don't see them seperating. i know many bloc supporters, and most would not want to seperate. i think that even if they have another referendum, they will lose once again.

at least that's what i'm hoping, or else i'd have to move outta here.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:48 pm

Ha good job catching that! I meant the Expos, though the real world link was quite nice. I forgot about that Quebec wanting to secede. Stupid Frenchies.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:54 pm

ensanimal wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
ensanimal wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
DK wrote:
Sunspot wrote:I believe there should be an U.S. Flag on all uniforms, not necesarily the hat, but it should be somewhere.

What about Montreal and Toronto? 8o

Montreal wont be in Canada for any more than a year, and does anyone really care about Toronto? (besides Jackal and Mookie :-b )

i'm pretty sure montreal will be in canada for more than a year. the expos may not be, but i'm pretty sure montreal will be. ;-) :-D

Not so fast ensanimal. The Bloq Quebecois did very well in the last election - Montreal may not be in Canada in a few years. (For the Americans - Quebec wants to separate and take Montreal with them into a new country).

And as for the flag - we can put the flag on our uniforms but can we sew them in upside down?

Does anyone remember what happened at game 2 of the 1992 World Series?

how about we use this flag?

even though the bloc did well, i still don't see them seperating. i know many bloc supporters, and most would not want to seperate. i think that even if they have another referendum, they will lose once again.

at least that's what i'm hoping, or else i'd have to move outta here.

Plus we'd lose half out hockey team :-o I hope they can wait until after 2006.......

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:20 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Not so fast ensanimal. The Bloq Quebecois did very well in the last election - Montreal may not be in Canada in a few years. (For the Americans - Quebec wants to separate and take Montreal with them into a new country).

Never heard anything about this. Why do they want to break off from Canada?
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DieHardCubbie » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:24 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Mods:

Good work cleaning up the thread and reopening it.
You guys certainly aren't lazy.

is this your handiwork DHC?

Nope...can't take credit for this one....Transmo beat me to it... B-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:28 pm

Amazinz wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Not so fast ensanimal. The Bloq Quebecois did very well in the last election - Montreal may not be in Canada in a few years. (For the Americans - Quebec wants to separate and take Montreal with them into a new country).

hmmm...its only been an issue for the past 30 yrs :-D .

A terrorist organization developed in the 70s called the FLQ (Quebec Liberation Front) and they actually kidnapped and murdered a Quebec cabinet minister (Pierre Laporte). The Quebec police arrested my uncle because he had the same name as the guy they thought was involved and my Dad had to go and bail him out of jail. (all true)

(am I hijacking this thread??)

A really cool prime minister (Pierre Trudeau) called in the army and there were tanks stationed around Montreal ready to roll in. Things cooled down very fast. (this is true too) I think that we just cut off the supply of wine and they caved. (this is not so true but I like to think it is)

They want to separate because they think that they are unique, being french and all (plus I think that we give them too much money).
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:31 pm

For some reason it seems that French people are nothing but trouble. You should let them secede, then conquer them. It would be hilarious!
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ensanimal » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:36 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Amazinz wrote:

hmmm...its only been an issue for the past 30 yrs :-D .

A terrorist organization developed in the 70s called the FLQ (Quebec Liberation Front) and they actually kidnapped and murdered a Quebec cabinet minister (Pierre Laporte). The Quebec police arrested my uncle because he had the same name as the guy they thought was involved and my Dad had to go and bail him out of jail. (all true)

(am I hijacking this thread??)

A really cool prime minister (Pierre Trudeau) called in the army and there were tanks stationed around Montreal ready to roll in. Things cooled down very fast. (this is true too) I think that we just cut off the supply of wine and they caved. (this is not so true but I like to think it is)

They want to separate because they think that they are unique, being french and all (plus I think that we give them too much money).

well put.

i really hope it doesn't come to seperating cuz i love living in montreal, but no way in hell i stay here if it's the country of quebec.
:-P
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:00 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:hmmm...its only been an issue for the past 30 yrs :-D .

Sorry. My knowledge of Canadien history leaves much to be desired. :-]
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: MLB orders Foulke to take Flag off baseball cap.

Postby josebach » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:32 pm

Amazinz wrote:
bboy wrote:"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind." -Albert Einstein

Did you ever read the document from which that quote is extracted? I am assuming you did not because tagging it onto this thread is innapropriate.

bboy wrote:"Patriotism, the virtue of the vicious." - Oscar Wilde

Again, perhaps you should try reading Wilde. He's referring to the evils of man in the guise of patriotism. Not simply lofting a flag because someone is proud of his country's people.

LOL.

Looks like bboy is taking lessons from Michael Moore.

The end does NOT justify the means. :-t
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers