MLB orders Foulke to take Flag off baseball cap. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB orders Foulke to take Flag off baseball cap.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ensanimal » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:20 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
ensanimal wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
DK wrote:
Sunspot wrote:I believe there should be an U.S. Flag on all uniforms, not necesarily the hat, but it should be somewhere.


What about Montreal and Toronto? 8o

Montreal wont be in Canada for any more than a year, and does anyone really care about Toronto? (besides Jackal and Mookie :-b )


i'm pretty sure montreal will be in canada for more than a year. the expos may not be, but i'm pretty sure montreal will be. ;-) :-D


Not so fast ensanimal. The Bloq Quebecois did very well in the last election - Montreal may not be in Canada in a few years. (For the Americans - Quebec wants to separate and take Montreal with them into a new country).

And as for the flag - we can put the flag on our uniforms but can we sew them in upside down?

Does anyone remember what happened at game 2 of the 1992 World Series?

how about we use this flag?

Image


even though the bloc did well, i still don't see them seperating. i know many bloc supporters, and most would not want to seperate. i think that even if they have another referendum, they will lose once again.

at least that's what i'm hoping, or else i'd have to move outta here.
ensanimal
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10627
(Past Year: 112)
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tim Horton's

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:48 pm

Ha good job catching that! I meant the Expos, though the real world link was quite nice. I forgot about that Quebec wanting to secede. Stupid Frenchies.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby LBJackal » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:54 pm

ensanimal wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
ensanimal wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
DK wrote:
Sunspot wrote:I believe there should be an U.S. Flag on all uniforms, not necesarily the hat, but it should be somewhere.


What about Montreal and Toronto? 8o

Montreal wont be in Canada for any more than a year, and does anyone really care about Toronto? (besides Jackal and Mookie :-b )


i'm pretty sure montreal will be in canada for more than a year. the expos may not be, but i'm pretty sure montreal will be. ;-) :-D


Not so fast ensanimal. The Bloq Quebecois did very well in the last election - Montreal may not be in Canada in a few years. (For the Americans - Quebec wants to separate and take Montreal with them into a new country).

And as for the flag - we can put the flag on our uniforms but can we sew them in upside down?

Does anyone remember what happened at game 2 of the 1992 World Series?

how about we use this flag?

Image


even though the bloc did well, i still don't see them seperating. i know many bloc supporters, and most would not want to seperate. i think that even if they have another referendum, they will lose once again.

at least that's what i'm hoping, or else i'd have to move outta here.


Plus we'd lose half out hockey team :-o I hope they can wait until after 2006.......
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:20 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Not so fast ensanimal. The Bloq Quebecois did very well in the last election - Montreal may not be in Canada in a few years. (For the Americans - Quebec wants to separate and take Montreal with them into a new country).

Never heard anything about this. Why do they want to break off from Canada?
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby DieHardCubbie » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:24 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Mods:

Good work cleaning up the thread and reopening it.
You guys certainly aren't lazy.

is this your handiwork DHC?


Nope...can't take credit for this one....Transmo beat me to it... B-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 13084
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: floating around on the 3rd rock

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:28 pm

Amazinz wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Not so fast ensanimal. The Bloq Quebecois did very well in the last election - Montreal may not be in Canada in a few years. (For the Americans - Quebec wants to separate and take Montreal with them into a new country).

Never heard anything about this. Why do they want to break off from Canada?


hmmm...its only been an issue for the past 30 yrs :-D .

A terrorist organization developed in the 70s called the FLQ (Quebec Liberation Front) and they actually kidnapped and murdered a Quebec cabinet minister (Pierre Laporte). The Quebec police arrested my uncle because he had the same name as the guy they thought was involved and my Dad had to go and bail him out of jail. (all true)

(am I hijacking this thread??)

A really cool prime minister (Pierre Trudeau) called in the army and there were tanks stationed around Montreal ready to roll in. Things cooled down very fast. (this is true too) I think that we just cut off the supply of wine and they caved. (this is not so true but I like to think it is)

They want to separate because they think that they are unique, being french and all (plus I think that we give them too much money).
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 257)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:31 pm

For some reason it seems that French people are nothing but trouble. You should let them secede, then conquer them. It would be hilarious!
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby ensanimal » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:36 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Not so fast ensanimal. The Bloq Quebecois did very well in the last election - Montreal may not be in Canada in a few years. (For the Americans - Quebec wants to separate and take Montreal with them into a new country).

Never heard anything about this. Why do they want to break off from Canada?


hmmm...its only been an issue for the past 30 yrs :-D .

A terrorist organization developed in the 70s called the FLQ (Quebec Liberation Front) and they actually kidnapped and murdered a Quebec cabinet minister (Pierre Laporte). The Quebec police arrested my uncle because he had the same name as the guy they thought was involved and my Dad had to go and bail him out of jail. (all true)

(am I hijacking this thread??)

A really cool prime minister (Pierre Trudeau) called in the army and there were tanks stationed around Montreal ready to roll in. Things cooled down very fast. (this is true too) I think that we just cut off the supply of wine and they caved. (this is not so true but I like to think it is)

They want to separate because they think that they are unique, being french and all (plus I think that we give them too much money).



well put.

i really hope it doesn't come to seperating cuz i love living in montreal, but no way in hell i stay here if it's the country of quebec.
:-P
ensanimal
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10627
(Past Year: 112)
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tim Horton's

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:00 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:hmmm...its only been an issue for the past 30 yrs :-D .

Sorry. My knowledge of Canadien history leaves much to be desired. :-]
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Re: MLB orders Foulke to take Flag off baseball cap.

Postby josebach » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:32 pm

Amazinz wrote:
bboy wrote:"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind." -Albert Einstein

Did you ever read the document from which that quote is extracted? I am assuming you did not because tagging it onto this thread is innapropriate.

bboy wrote:"Patriotism, the virtue of the vicious." - Oscar Wilde

Again, perhaps you should try reading Wilde. He's referring to the evils of man in the guise of patriotism. Not simply lofting a flag because someone is proud of his country's people.


LOL.

Looks like bboy is taking lessons from Michael Moore.

The end does NOT justify the means. :-t
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2036
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MrT and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 12:50 hours
(and 89 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact