Jose Reyes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jose Reyes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AKhomebrewer » Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:20 pm

Well, then, that certainly bears watching. The kid really just needs more cuts against Major-League pitching and he'll come around. Of course, he needs to be on the field to accomplish that.

Grab Bay if it isn't too late. If it costs Reyes, so be it. But I'd see if there's someone else you don't need long-term.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:40 pm

It's tightness in his hamstring. Just a precautionary day off.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtarail » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:30 pm

I wouldn't want him in my utility position at this point, but if he can match last year's #'s he would be great there if you need steals.

Like a bunch of people have said, the guy has been battling hamstring problems all spring and summer. Personally, I think he can match last year's #'s but it's gonna take him at least another week or two to get comfortable hitting.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby My name is Victor » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:01 pm

I wouldn't expect too much out of Reyes for the rest of 2004. I'm sure there are going to be lingering effects of the hamstring injury, but in a dynasty/keeper league, he still has a great amount of value.
My name is Victor
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:45 pm

2-for-4 with a run tonight so far. This is like his ST and he's just starting to get his timing.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cafe_58 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:09 pm

I stil have high hopes for Jose Reyes. I'm fortunate in that I have two solid players at ss and 2nd so I can wait for him to get comfortable.

It's nice to see a little power from him too. I'm hoping for a big second half ;-D
cafe_58
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: You can find me in da dome, chillin wit Jarome.......

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:17 pm

Reyes was one of the most highly regarded prospects, and proved last year that he could cut it on the ML level as well. I saw this kid play in the minors, and I can tell you that he has the tools - he just has to stay healthy. His hammy is worrisome as he is only 21 and has injured it many times already. Right now he just needs to stay healthy and get his timing back. If he can keep off the DL this kid should be able to hit .300 and swipe 40 if given a full season.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:17 pm

Reyes is still on the wire.

... watching closely.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby My name is Victor » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:17 pm

I think his hitting will start to pick up, but I am not expecting alot of SB's this year. Reyes is taking it very easy on his tender hamstring. Tonight, he roped a double and gingerly went around the bases and into second, he was not even thinking about the triple. I am not critizing him, I could understand his hesitance to run hard and reinjure himself, but it will defintely have a negative effect on his numbers this year. But I'd rather him stay healthy for the rest of the year, than to push it and be out for another extended period of time.
My name is Victor
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers