Spiderman 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Spiderman 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GSes » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:15 pm

LBJackal wrote:I saw this movie and personally, I thought it was horrible. Not enough action, too much of a love story. There was way too much filler, too much of the grandma and uninteresting trials and tribulations of Peter chasing M.J. If you're the emotional type that gets teary-eyed at movies, I guess this was for you. I'm surprised that the 95% male population in here enjoyed it so much :-P

I'd have rather seen "The English Patient"........or even "Sack Lunch" for that matter. Biggest waste of $10 I can recall.......and I saw "Mean Girls" not too long ago............

this is the only response I would expect from LBJackal. lol. Anyways of course the movie is going to be on the corny side, everyone forgets it is a superhero movie, and superhero stories/movies are corny.

Spider-Man 2 was EVERYTHING I hoped it would be, AWESOME. It was wroth being one of the first to see it at midnite the night before it came out.

If you didn't know Im a spiderman fan, well, you should have, after reading my signature for the last 6 months.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:59 pm

It was a great movie. I also got the game today but haven't played it much. Can't wait for SM3 now. ;-D ;-D ;-D
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby frog99 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:33 pm

It was poorly written. Cheesy, with glaring plot holes. The dialoge sounded like it was written by a 10 year old.

What is up with the scene changes. It seemed like they guys in the editing boothe wanted to see hom many different swipes they could use.

i give it one and 1/2 stars.
Image The Glory Days.
frog99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:11 am

There we go, at least somebody didn't think it was the greatest movie ever. LOL. Just because it was big budget with a few special effects (I admit, the guy with 4 arms was cool) doesn't mean it's a good movie.

X-Men, X2 and The Punisher were much more entertaining. This movie was similar to "Under the Tuscan Sun" with a few action scenes and a bunch of corny lines.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:24 am

LBJackal wrote:There we go, at least somebody didn't think it was the greatest movie ever. LOL. Just because it was big budget with a few special effects (I admit, the guy with 4 arms was cool) doesn't mean it's a good movie.

X-Men, X2 and The Punisher were much more entertaining. This movie was similar to "Under the Tuscan Sun" with a few action scenes and a bunch of corny lines.

X-Men X2 and espiecally the Punisher all lacked likable, well- developed characters. Those action sequences were less entertaining and the direction was a lot less organized (I do admit, I normally like the director who did the X Men movies . Bryan Singer I believe? Directed Usual Suspects!!) Spiderman 2 is no Oscar winner, however it is certianly worth your $8.50. Comparing it to Under the Tuscan Sun (2 hours of hell) is ludacris.

On a slightly seperate note, I spent the last 8 hours playing the video game Spiderman 2. Great, great, fun.
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LBJackal » Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:14 am

Yeah, Under the Tuscan Sun was a waste of 2 hours, which is why I compared it to Spider-Man 2. I can see if people like the dramatic, love story type of movies, then both films could be appealing. I'll paraphrase Peter Griffin on how Under the Tuscan Sun was though: "Destiny. It was her destiny. There, I just saved you 2 long boobless hours." :-D

At least Spider-Man 2 had the requisite wet t-shirt scene with Kirsten Dunst. If she wasn't so weird looking it might have made the movie worth the $10 I paid :-b

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:34 am

LBJackal wrote:Yeah, Under the Tuscan Sun was a waste of 2 hours, which is why I compared it to Spider-Man 2. I can see if people like the dramatic, love story type of movies, then both films could be appealing. I'll paraphrase Peter Griffin on how Under the Tuscan Sun was though: "Destiny. It was her destiny. There, I just saved you 2 long boobless hours." :-D

At least Spider-Man 2 had the requisite wet t-shirt scene with Kirsten Dunst. If she wasn't so weird looking it might have made the movie worth the $10 I paid :-b

Lol, yeah I'm not sure what was going on with Kirsten Dunst, but I found her strangley unattractive.

And is Under the Tuscan Sun the first movie Diane Lane did keep her bra on?!

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :-b
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Flockers » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:02 am

CrazyPooja90 wrote:Not that there's anything wrong with that. :-b

Pulled a Jerry Seinfeld I see... :-]
Flockers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LBJackal » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:23 am

Seinfeld and Family Guy quotes in the same thread? Wow, finally the two greats have united ;-D

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:01 am

LBJ, I agree with you. Couldn't they get an editor? His talk with is Aunt was WAAAAY too long. Ugh.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk