First time playing...rate my HOSPITAL team... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

First time playing...rate my HOSPITAL team...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

First time playing...rate my HOSPITAL team...

Postby dajet00 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:02 pm

Yahoo H2H - 8 man league
My team called Hospital:

C V. Martínez
1B T. Helton
2B M. Loretta
3B C. Figgins
SS É. Rentería
OF B. Giles
OF V. Guerrero
OF I. Suzuki
Util J. Reyes
BN J. Giambi
DL E. ChávezDL
DL M. GilesDL

SP J. Schmidt
SP M. Prior
RP D. Kolb
RP S. Takatsu
P T. Glavine
P A. Burnett
P J. Contreras
BN J. PeavyDL
BN C. Sabathia
BN J. BeckettDL

I am currently 9 games back....boohoo....does my team suck or is it because of all the injuries? I had alot of people injured like Sexson but dropped him, Borowski dropped him also, Beckett, Peavy, Giambi, Sabathia, Prior, Burnett, Schmidt, M.Giles, Chavez, Reyes, and Helton. Come to think of it...woah...

Rate my team when HEALTHY.
dajet00
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:28 pm

actually this team looks very solid... when this team is healthy, the lineup of vmart, helton, giles, chavez, renteria/reyes, vlad, ichiro, giles, giambi/utility... that looks very very good, and as for pitching schmidt and prior is a nasty combo, coupled with glavines low era, sabathia is a monster, peavy is healthy and wil be great, when beckets helathy hes great, contreras might turn it around, aj is a slight risk but with good upside, kolb and takatsu are good, but u need 1 more closer... other than that i really like your team. ive got to assume this is a midseason team, theres no way this team could be 9 games back in a full season game
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Opinion Ape » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:48 pm

I'm in an 8-team H2H league as well. A few of the teams look as sick (solid) as yours does, and a few of them are just about 10 games back. It's the nature of the beast (H2H that is) that a) sometimes the best team doesn't win and b) in small leagues, many teams can be loaded . . . that said, it might be helpful to backtrack a bit and determine what categories, if any, you're consistently losing. Your team is solid, but I don't know, maybe there's one category you can beef up by moving studs in one category for studs in another.

But, whoa. That's a good team. I wouldn't panic.
Opinion Ape Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dajet00 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:45 pm

Bumpers.
dajet00
College Coach
College Coach

Postby eftda » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:38 pm

Trade Sabathia for Kent or a better 2nd baseman. I heard that Giles could be out longer than expected. :-o
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team