Tejada's power stroke? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tejada's power stroke?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tejada's power stroke?

Postby West Coast Fan » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:06 pm

I've got Miggy on all of my fantasy teams. I loved him with the A's. A slow starter who heated up in June and was red hot most of the summer and down the stretch. I don't see him regularly now that he's on the east coast. And I'm wondering what's going on with him.

He's hitting for average and driving in runs, but I don't see the home runs like I expected. Is there any talk on the east coast about how he's doing and whether more home runs are forthcoming?
:-?
West Coast Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tejada's power stroke?

Postby GSes » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:46 pm

West Coast Fan wrote:I've got Miggy on all of my fantasy teams. I loved him with the A's. A slow starter who heated up in June and was red hot most of the summer and down the stretch. I don't see him regularly now that he's on the east coast. And I'm wondering what's going on with him.

He's hitting for average and driving in runs, but I don't see the home runs like I expected. Is there any talk on the east coast about how he's doing and whether more home runs are forthcoming?
:-?

dont worry about the HR. He hits more HR after the break. He is on pace for like 140 RBI

expect miggy

100 Runs
32 HR
130 RBI
300 Avg
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tmoney » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:48 pm

He has 13 hr and 65 rbi's, what more were you expecting? Maybe 15 hr?
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GSes » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:50 pm

tmoney wrote:He has 13 hr and 65 rbi's, what more were you expecting? Maybe 15 hr?

ya he is on pace for 28HR & 140 RBI not to mention this guy is a RIDICULOUS 2nd half player.

in fact on pace for 28 & 140, since he is a 2nd half guy I now honestly believe he might go for 35 HR & 140 RBI
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby West Coast Fan » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:56 pm

You're right guys. Amazingly, in 2004 and 2003, Miggy had 6HR's in May and 5 in June. So both this year and last year, his monthly HR totals were the same. Last year, he had only 1HR in July, while in 2002, he had 8 in July. I guess cause I was used to watching him everyday when he was with the A's that I got used to seeing more of his hits.

Do you think he'll have a good second half? He's certainly got a better average this year.
West Coast Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:20 pm

GSes wrote:
tmoney wrote:He has 13 hr and 65 rbi's, what more were you expecting? Maybe 15 hr?

ya he is on pace for 28HR & 140 RBI not to mention this guy is a RIDICULOUS 2nd half player.

in fact on pace for 28 & 140, since he is a 2nd half guy I now honestly believe he might go for 35 HR & 140 RBI

True. Miggy's the man in the 2nd half. I'm banking on him to bring me way up in the standings. ;-D
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AKhomebrewer » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:23 pm

This is probably his best overall first half ever (though his HRs are right on average). If he makes his typical second-half surge, he could easily match the MVP season numbers. I guess I could handle that from a shortstop.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby warrick95 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:32 pm

Don't worry, he's flat out mashing the ball. O's are the home team here and I've seen many games (especially because I own both Tejada and Hairston). He's flat out mashing the ball. He's had very very very long doubles and foul balls quite a few times, barely missing home runs on multiple occasions.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Krunk City King$ » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:45 pm

funny he should be mentioned here today. i have another owner in my league who has been asking about him all season long.

i traded soriano to him for thome earlier in the season, so i tought that he wanted to get tejada to feel better about his earlier deal.

but last week he asks me if he trades nevin, isturis and trot nixon for manny will i give him tejada?

with giles coming back soon, i thought about it for 2 mins and told him yes. but the 3 way deal fell though because the manny owner wanted soriano.

so i put tejada on the trading block just to see what kind of offers that i would get.....

after reading this post, i took him off of the trading block cuz i do not even want to joke like that....

he has been stead and i hope that he heats up even more....

;-D
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Twinskies » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:55 pm

Just hit #14 a little while ago! so far he's been one of my most steady performers, and he seems to be heating up... i love this guy right now :-D
This field, this game, it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh people will come Ray, people will most definitely come.
Twinskies
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers