Burrell v. Edmonds - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Burrell v. Edmonds

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Burrell v. Edmonds

Postby daveed » Fri Jul 12, 2002 5:22 pm

Hi all,

I've posted here before and recieved great feedback. I was in last place but have turned things around and am now tied for 1st in
my division!

I have the opportunity to get Edmonds but I would probably have to deal Burrell. I think Burrell will have a solid second half and edmonds is bit of a injury risk. Wanted to get some thoughts on this?

My current OF is Green,Mondesi, Burrell + erstad,kearns(benched).

I am deeper in SP so my proposed trade would be something like:
Burrell,Padilla,Marquis for Edmonds,El Duque. (with the hope el duque goes to a contender)

My other starters are Pedro,Lowe,Buerhle,Weaver,Beckett,Burnett,
Santana.

All of my transactions thus far have been WW... Trading deadline is coming up for the league so I thought I might pull one to gear up for the second half.

Thanks again,
daveed
daveed

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby dannahann » Fri Jul 12, 2002 6:21 pm

Congrats on the turn around ;-D

In this case, I think you are better off keeping what you have. Burrell is fast becoming a really good hitter, not just for power either.

No way you make this trade if it's a keeper league.

El Duque may just get a couple showcase starts as the Yankees are trying to deal him. I don't think he has much on Marquis if he's traded away as his win totals will surely go down and I don't like him if he stays because Weaver will get the starts and El Duque will be in the pen.

One Thought: Now that you're in the playoff race, here's what I can see as a possible plus to getting Edmonds. The fantasy playoffs happen the last couple weeks of the season, those games "MIGHT BE" important to STL, meaning Edmonds plays. (I really think the Cards will run away after they get over DK and they'll rest their vets, though) No way those games matter to the Phil's so they may be giving alot of playing time to September call-ups. Just something to consider.
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Fri Jul 12, 2002 7:22 pm

Awesome comeback! Last to first is no mean feat. ;-D

dannahan's point makes a lot of sense: if El Duque isn't dealt and stays in the pen, this trade could be a disaster... Even if he does go to a contender, I think you're giving up too much here. Try and use your pitching surplus to get a slightly better hitting upgrade. Good luck and congrats again!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby daveed » Sat Jul 13, 2002 12:06 am

Thanks for the replies!

Yeah, I don't think I want to deal Burrell either.
The guy I am dealing with really likes padilla.
I could try padilla+erstad for edmonds.
What do you guys think?

With what happened with mondesi tonight.. my OF
makes me nervous.
daveed

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Sat Jul 13, 2002 10:26 am

Adding Padilla to an Erstad-Edmonds swap sounds like a bit much to give. Erstad may fade again in the second half, but so far, his overall stats have been a bit better than Edmonds'.

If the other owner wants Padilla and you need of insurance, why not ask if he'll give you a solid of straigth up for Padilla?
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers