boston/chicago rumor - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

boston/chicago rumor

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

boston/chicago rumor

Postby bibsybob » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:31 am

nomar for clement and a medium prospect pitcher like mitre is currently the hot topic.
bibsybob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Registered_Guest » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:39 am

Where are you coming up with this?? Link? Don't tell me from the ESPN board.....please :-o

Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Smizzy » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:42 am

"My friend works with the Red Sox and he is very credible, as he knew about the Schilling signing before it was announced and usually has the inside info on everything Sox. He says that a deal between the Red Sox and the Cubs was finalized tonight. The Sox are going to send Nomar to the Cubs in exchange for Matt Clement and a minor league pitcher by the name of Sergio Mitre. My friend says Theo was going to announce the deal tonight but he then decided to announce it tomorrow instead. I know some people may think I'm lying but I am not, I consider this friend very credible and I believe this deal is true."

http://redsoxnation.net/index.php?showtopic=5929&st=275

Its from a poster on a Red sox website...Royal Rooters[/url]
Smizzy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

could be

Postby FantasyBeast » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:33 am

Know what is funny about this. Nomar sat today in what many in Boston have dubbed a "must win". I said to my buddy who is a yanks fan that he may be traded. You dont sit guys in a crucial game like that. He may even have been informed to get his stuff and get ready. Its funny because we were discussing possible homes and I said two teams,the Dodgers and Cubs. Its funny that I come on the board and thats what I am seeing. I mentioned to my buddy about Clement and another guy in their minors being that they are stacked with pitchers. This one could be credible.
Aint following no footsteps,Im making my own.

Eminem.
FantasyBeast
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby thehat » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:57 am

I received the same info re: the deal with Cubs. However, I was told that Epstein didn't approve it yet in hopes that the three way with LA and the Jays might still be possible. But this Cubs/Sox swap is the favorite.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby FantasyBeast » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:02 am

I just dont see how the Sox could get both Odalis Perez who is one of the five most underrated pitchers in the game and Delgado. I would be happy with Odalis alone. I would be happy with Izturis and a top prospect. Maybe,just maybe the Sox will be nabbing Shawn Green and Izturis. Delgado goes to LA with Nomar. Toronto gets a ballbag and a hotdog vendor...just kiddin. Their pen is in disarray. Maybe get them Williamson and Mota with a pitching prospect. I like the Cub deal a lot. Clement is nasty and Mitre is solid.
Aint following no footsteps,Im making my own.

Eminem.
FantasyBeast
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:03 am

I'm not sure I'd buy the Cubs doing this. They already have Grudz who can play short w/ limited range and has been more productive for less $$$ than Nomar so far.

Maybe Dusty could fluff up Nomar but I don't see this as being a good deal for them at this time.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Registered_Guest » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:16 am

No way I do it if I'm the Cubs.

Alex Gonzalez can post passable offensive #'s and play better defense. Not to mention, Clement's been one of the best pitchers in the league this year.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:16 pm

Look at potential...Nomar is 40 HR potential and you wanna stay with Gonzalez and Grudzelanik? That is insane...imagine Nomar hitting in front of Sammy.....

Also, I think CHI would move Beltran back into the rotation, wouldntthey? Isnt he just about the only SP prospect outside of mitre they have?
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Registered_Guest » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:26 pm

kcbelieves wrote:Look at potential...Nomar is 40 HR potential and you wanna stay with Gonzalez and Grudzelanik? That is insane...imagine Nomar hitting in front of Sammy.....

Also, I think CHI would move Beltran back into the rotation, wouldntthey? Isnt he just about the only SP prospect outside of mitre they have?

40 HR potential.....if you're talking over 2 years in Wrigley.

Yes, most definitely would take Clement in the rotation over Nomar at SS when Orlando Cabrera is just as attainable with a prospect price tag.

I'm guessing you mean Angel Guzman (not Francis Beltran) because Beltran isn't a starting prospect for them. Cubs have quite a few pitching prospects in their system (one of the, if not the, best collective groups in baseball)
Last edited by Registered_Guest on Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers