Nomar Trouble... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nomar Trouble...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ajgnydc722 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:04 pm

I did not listen to a report on what Millar said. I watched his interview live. Yeah sure he said Nomar's a great player and loves him but come on... A-Rod wasn't even on the team yet and Millar was all excited. He should've kept his mouth shut until the deal was final.

Dan Patrick's final question was who do you want throwing balls to you from shortstop on opening day and Millar's response was "A-Rod." I don't care if that's how he really felt but to say that with a chance the deal could not go through is just stupid. Nomar seems like a very emotional person and to hear that must have hurt him, as it would have hurt any other normal person.

Not to mention the fact that Nomar wasn't even informed about the negotiations with Texas. He found out watching TV on his honeymoon. Some consideration, huh? If I was Nomar, I'd be just as if not more pissed. They treated him like crap. I'd be off the wall pissed if the Yankees ever treated Jeter like that after all he's done for NY and I would think Boston fans would feel the same after all Nomar has done for Boston.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:14 pm

If I were Nomar, looking to be a FA and get a big contract, I'd be busting my butt to try to get my average up above .235!!!
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby loosechange75 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:39 pm

The trade that the redsox might do to get rid of Nomar is a three way deal with the dodgers and tronto where the red sox get delgado and i personally believe as a nomar fantasy fan he will get hot the second part of the year and stay in Boston and the redsox wont do this deal till delgado is healthy
loosechange75
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nomar4prez » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:00 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:I did not listen to a report on what Millar said. I watched his interview live. Yeah sure he said Nomar's a great player and loves him but come on... A-Rod wasn't even on the team yet and Millar was all excited. He should've kept his mouth shut until the deal was final.

Dan Patrick's final question was who do you want throwing balls to you from shortstop on opening day and Millar's response was "A-Rod." I don't care if that's how he really felt but to say that with a chance the deal could not go through is just stupid. Nomar seems like a very emotional person and to hear that must have hurt him, as it would have hurt any other normal person.

Not to mention the fact that Nomar wasn't even informed about the negotiations with Texas. He found out watching TV on his honeymoon. Some consideration, huh? If I was Nomar, I'd be just as if not more pissed. They treated him like crap. I'd be off the wall pissed if the Yankees ever treated Jeter like that after all he's done for NY and I would think Boston fans would feel the same after all Nomar has done for Boston.

But we offered him a pretty decent contract BEFORE the dealings with Arod, and he didn't accept it. I love the guy, but he needs to understand that he isn't going to command a 6yr/$16 mill contract. I only wish he could get over this and try to win a championship in his last season with the Sox. Since he's come up to the major's, he's busted his ass, and led by example, but he doesn't seem to be doing that.

And Millar was told that the deal was done. You can't blame him for someone else telling him the wrong information. I'm happy he told the truth, and didn't give us a, "Well, Dan, I'd be happy with either of them. They're both great guys, and great players." He told us what he was really thinking.

BTW, I highly doubt that if Nomar leaves, the fans will not turn on him like Clemens. I'm sure everytime he gets to play in Boston, he'll recieve a standing "O."
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:05 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:I did not listen to a report on what Millar said. I watched his interview live. Yeah sure he said Nomar's a great player and loves him but come on... A-Rod wasn't even on the team yet and Millar was all excited. He should've kept his mouth shut until the deal was final.

But we offered him a pretty decent contract BEFORE the dealings with Arod, and he didn't accept it. I love the guy, but he needs to understand that he isn't going to command a 6yr/$16 mill contract. I only wish he could get over this and try to win a championship in his last season with the Sox. Since he's come up to the major's, he's busted his ass, and led by example, but he doesn't seem to be doing that.

And Millar was told that the deal was done. You can't blame him for someone else telling him the wrong information. I'm happy he told the truth, and didn't give us a, "Well, Dan, I'd be happy with either of them. They're both great guys, and great players." He told us what he was really thinking.

BTW, I highly doubt that if Nomar leaves, the fans will not turn on him like Clemens. I'm sure everytime he gets to play in Boston, he'll recieve a standing "O."

Even if he goes to New York? I doubt he will but don't be so sure Boston will accept him. Alot of people are sick of his act already.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:11 pm

I think Nomar envies Derek Jeter. Jeter is beloved by all, and it took a humongous month long slump to even start hearing boos for Jeter. Nomars been back, what 2 weeks, and the fans are already out for his blood. He clearly does not want to be involved with Boston and its fans anymore. It seems his love for baseball has died, which is sad because he is a fantastic player. I think a trade to another team will perk him back up again, but as a Nomar owner he needs to leave Boston now, because its killing me! About Millar thing, you do not put down your teammates in public. Ever. Thats trouble waiting to happen. I dont care if he was honest and right, you do not say crap like that out loud to the media. All that causes is rebellion and dysfunction.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Nomar4prez » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:14 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:I think Nomar envies Derek Jeter. Jeter is beloved by all, and it took a humongous month long slump to even start hearing boos for Jeter. Nomars been back, what 2 weeks, and the fans are already out for his blood. He clearly does not want to be involved with Boston and its fans anymore. It seems his love for baseball has died, which is sad because he is a fantastic player. I think a trade to another team will perk him back up again, but as a Nomar owner he needs to leave Boston now, because its killing me! About Millar thing, you do not put down your teammates in public. Ever. Thats trouble waiting to happen. I dont care if he was honest and right, you do not say crap like that out loud to the media. All that causes is rebellion and dysfunction.

Have you been to any of the games? I went to the game last Saturday vs. the Phillies(the game sucked), and everytime Nomar got up to bat, there was huge applause. There are ALOT of bandwagoners on the internet, both Boston and New York, that don't actually understand the meaning of being a fan.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:30 pm

Being that I live in Wisconsin, am not a Red Sox fan and that I am also 15, no I have not been to one of the games. From what I've seen on the message boards and such, it seems the fans aren't too happy with Nomar. Even some here arent very happy with him.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyBeast » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:35 pm

I hear ya Nomar for Prez. He is getting standing O's and is still beloved by most. Nomar is not Jeter though. Not even close. I have always stood by Nomar until last years postseason. Jeters play last night Nomar would never have been able to make,and if he could have made it,wouldnt put the effort. His average career away from Fenway is very subpar and his lack of playoff clutch performance is disturbing. The Sox though were stupid for hanging on after the A Rod issue. You dont have a deal pretty much locked up and than have it fall through and keep the guy. As far as Boston fans being meatheads,go to Boston and try to get a ticket to a game. Any time,any team,any year. Despite the fact you cant move around and are crammed in your seat. Despite the fact that it is overpriced,Sox fans go and cheer their team. There is an energy at Fenway that is lacking at 95 percent of these parks. Nomars best years are behind him and he is without a shadow of a doubt,the reason that team chemistry is now gone. Trade him now while he has value.
Aint following no footsteps,Im making my own.

Eminem.
FantasyBeast
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:11 pm

Is that why the game blacked out Wednesday? Boy, the fans sure came out to support that one. I guarantee you a White Sox-Cubs game would never black out.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers