Nomar Trouble... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nomar Trouble...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nomar Trouble...

Postby ajgnydc722 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:24 am

Watching the post-game on YES, Susan Waldman is reporting that the Sox clubhouse is very quiet with little huddles of players whispering to eachother.

She then brought up a point about Nomar not getting off the bench the whole night, even against Rivera who he is 6 for 15 lifetime against. I also thought I heard the announcers say something during the game when all the Red Sox were up on the fence and Nomar was sitting on the bench alone.

Is there trouble with Nomar? Could be on his way out? He doesn't look like he belongs, really at this point, as he did last year.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Nomar Trouble...

Postby Nomar4prez » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:26 am

ajgnydc722 wrote:Watching the post-game on YES, Susan Waldman is reporting that the Sox clubhouse is very quiet with little huddles of players whispering to eachother.

She then brought up a point about Nomar not getting off the bench the whole night, even against Rivera who he is 6 for 15 lifetime against. I also thought I heard the announcers say something during the game when all the Red Sox were up on the fence and Nomar was sitting on the bench alone.

Is there trouble with Nomar? Could be on his way out? He doesn't look like he belongs, really at this point, as he did last year.

I hope not. He's been the heart of the Sox for so long, it'd be a shame for him to leave, especially on this low point.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bibsybob » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:26 am

ive also heard that nomar asked francona is he could pinch hit and francona said no. This would make the situation seem a lot different. However, im not sure what happened. All i know is that red sox nation is in a state of revolt. They want nomar dead and the team rebuilt.
bibsybob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:27 am

Just his facial expressions- he looks like a ghost, as if he's wishing he's not really there or that his mind is elsewhere. I didn't see him say anything all game (maybe he did, but I missed it)
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Chuckles » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:29 am

Maybe not over that ARod thing and how his Sox "treated" him?
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ajgnydc722 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:30 am

I truly feel bad for him. He has been the leader of that team for a long time and they talked about shipping him out in the offseason. Now he doesn't even look like he's accepted by his teammates.

TO ANYONE WHO WATCHED THE YES TELECAST:

Did you notice the announcers say something like, "Everyone is on the fence but Nomar, I wonder why." then I THOUGHT heard something like, "Well I wouldn't think the rest of the team would care, they're probly sayin we'll just win without you."

Now do not take my word because I wasn't completely listening but I thought I heard somebody say something like this and I looked up and saw Nomar alone on the bench. Anyone else hear something like this?
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nomar4prez » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:31 am

bibsybob wrote:ive also heard that nomar asked francona is he could pinch hit and francona said no. This would make the situation seem a lot different. However, im not sure what happened. All i know is that red sox nation is in a state of revolt. They want nomar dead and the team rebuilt.

What fans have you been listening too?
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bibsybob » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:33 am

go to the red sox espn board.
bibsybob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BoSox4life » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:33 am

It's clear as day that he isn't happy. I just posted in a different thread my thoughts, but I guess I'll do it again. It really gets me mad...we offer the guy a contract extension and he turns it down. Why? Who the hell knows. So Theo goes out and tries to get A-rod, the best player in the game. This doesn't work out and Nomar stays in Boston. Nomar finally comes back and he looks like he's dead...no spirit, no enthusiasm, nothing! He's either got problems with Mia or he is bitter that we tried to get A-Rod. I'm guessing he's bitter, and it really sucks. If he grows up a little and looks at it and decides to put it behind him then I think he will stay. If he doesn't, there is NO doubt in my mind he will be gone...never thought I would say that but it's the way it is. :-/
Last edited by BoSox4life on Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
All I want out of life, is that when I walk down the street folks will say, "There goes the greatest hitter that ever lived."
--Ted Williams
BoSox4life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:35 am

ajgnydc722 wrote:I truly feel bad for him. He has been the leader of that team for a long time and they talked about shipping him out in the offseason. Now he doesn't even look like he's accepted by his teammates.

TO ANYONE WHO WATCHED THE YES TELECAST:

Did you notice the announcers say something like, "Everyone is on the fence but Nomar, I wonder why." then I THOUGHT heard something like, "Well I wouldn't think the rest of the team would care, they're probly sayin we'll just win without you."

Now do not take my word because I wasn't completely listening but I thought I heard somebody say something like this and I looked up and saw Nomar alone on the bench. Anyone else hear something like this?

I wasn't listening closely, so I missed it. I here them say many times that Nomar hadn't moved from his seat and every time they zoomed in on him, he looked sad.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers