Will Melvin Mora Really Suck That Bad In The 2nd Half??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will Melvin Mora Really Suck That Bad In The 2nd Half???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will Melvin Mora Really Suck That Bad In The 2nd Half???

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:14 am

despite his monster first half? and this is all in relation to fantasy baseball... hes my starting/only 3rd baseman in my highly competetive league with friend and i just cant see him suckin that bad in the 2nd half... granted his 2nd half past hasnt been good but hes also never had such a good start, lastyr was the closest, but this year his stats are great in every category... plus hes been hurt and still ranks 20th in yahoo leagues, his lineup is very very solid, good speed at the top, good power behind him... i just think hes worth holding onto, please lend me your opinions... and if it is to trade him, then who should i shoot for?
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nmarq8 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:13 am

first of all i'm pretty sure this is the wrong forum, but since i have mora and am dealing with the same situation i'll lend some advice. i do think his numbers will be below his career avg., but i think the numbers he'll end the season with will still be pretty good. i just think that it's a long season, and if he hasn't shown in past years that he can stick it out and perform well throughout, why would he now. maybe it's a decrease in concentration, maybe he's just injury prone, who cares, the fact is the guy has some bad mid-season splits. so i'm trying to trade for value that's probably above reasonable and thinking that if it goes through then great, and if not then i have a 1st half stud with 2nd half risk. if i were you i'd try to package him with a somewhat disposable pitcher for a guy like aramis ramirez. i wouldn't do that now, maybe wait 'til ramirez has a bad week or something. i'm trying to go after aubrey huff because i've heard he's even better in the 2nd half, so we'll see what happens.
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
nmarq8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers