Red Sox Update... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Red Sox Update...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Surfs up » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:31 pm

Nomar will be history before the deadline. And Ortiz can be a solid starter if given the chance.
I heard there was some bickering in the club house after the game lastnight. Schilling, Williamson and Wakefield involved.
I think Williamson is also another FA
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:33 pm

Wakefield looked very pissed during some interviews on the pre-game show.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mr Last Place » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:50 pm

Surfs up wrote:. And Ortiz can be a solid starter if given the chance.

Ortiz is 31 with a lifetime era of 4.62. He's had his chances
Mr Last Place
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:52 pm

Mr Last Place wrote:

Agreed. This is exactly why I hope the Mets pass on him also.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:17 pm

Mr Last Place wrote:

ditto for the yankees.

i see nomar going somewhere like the giants, possibly for a pitching prospect... i am not sure if they'd part with aardsma, but that's the kind of trade I'd expect.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:10 pm

Sad Nomar owner here. I would like to see him traded, especially to the Angels. He doesn't seem too happen in Boston, and it seems I wasted a 2nd round pick on him. (I got him when the word was he may miss opening day at the most. 3 months later he hasnt gotten much better) On the angels, with Vlad, Guillen, Anderson, behind him, hed be killer. He just doesn't seem like he wants to be in Boston. Oh and those Red Sox fans are so loyal, hes been the best player on your team for how many years, was a pereniall all star, and 70% want to trade because hes playing poorly after a 3 month injury. Great fans you got there in Boston.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby BoSox4life » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:25 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:Sad Nomar owner here. I would like to see him traded, especially to the Angels. He doesn't seem too happen in Boston, and it seems I wasted a 2nd round pick on him. (I got him when the word was he may miss opening day at the most. 3 months later he hasnt gotten much better) On the angels, with Vlad, Guillen, Anderson, behind him, hed be killer. He just doesn't seem like he wants to be in Boston. Oh and those Red Sox fans are so loyal, hes been the best player on your team for how many years, was a pereniall all star, and 70% want to trade because hes playing poorly after a 3 month injury. Great fans you got there in Boston.

What in the hell are you claiming?? Where you got the 70% of us want to trade him really beats me...To be completely honest, Nomar is pissing me off but I don't want him traded. He gets offered a contract extension and turns it down. So, what is Theo supposed to think? He goes out and tries to get someone to replace him, the best player in baseball and it doesn't work out. Now Nomar is bitter because of this and isn't happy...ticks me off and I wish he wasn't. But if he's going to be like that then there is nothing we as fans can do.
All I want out of life, is that when I walk down the street folks will say, "There goes the greatest hitter that ever lived."
--Ted Williams
BoSox4life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:29 am

Suddenly, when I was forced to include a Nomar for Jeter swap to get a trade done earlier this year (I gave up Nomar) things aren't looking to bad at all for me ;-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Nomar4prez » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:29 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:Sad Nomar owner here. I would like to see him traded, especially to the Angels. He doesn't seem too happen in Boston, and it seems I wasted a 2nd round pick on him. (I got him when the word was he may miss opening day at the most. 3 months later he hasnt gotten much better) On the angels, with Vlad, Guillen, Anderson, behind him, hed be killer. He just doesn't seem like he wants to be in Boston. Oh and those Red Sox fans are so loyal, hes been the best player on your team for how many years, was a pereniall all star, and 70% want to trade because hes playing poorly after a 3 month injury. Great fans you got there in Boston.

What????? Sox fans want Nomar to stay extremely badly. Just b/c you hear on a forum a bunch of bandwagoners want Nomar to be traded doesn't mean the "core" fans want him gone.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nsulham » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:35 am

Love Nomar. Have had his memorabilia (jersey, bobblehead, you name it) for as long as I can remember. But this is what I've come to:

He doesn't want to be in Boston so I don't want him there. Simple as that. As a fan, you want him to succeed and do his best and right now his best isn't going to be in Boston. His head's already gone.

Three errors in two games? Against the Yankees? That's not Nomar. And you can use the "He's playing his rust off excuse" if you'd like but I'm not buying it. He's not happy there and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to read between the lines and see he's not a part of the team anymore.

I'll still root for him whereever he goes (ok maybe not wherever *Yankees*) but it's painfully obvious he doesn't fit in anymore.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers