Nomar sitting today - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nomar sitting today

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nomar sitting today

Postby NZF » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:15 pm

Turning out to be a giant bust this season so far.

Not even playing today against Brad Halsey :-t

Get another SS into your lineup if you can, although I would expect him to PH at some stage.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:30 pm

This sucks. Luckily I had put Reyes at SS and Nomar at UT just in case. :-/
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby colt4523 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:39 pm

I am getting real worried about him this year. I had to struggle through several months with cintron as my SS :~( and was looking forward to some great numbers from Nomar when he got back. Maybe getting traded will help jump start his hitting and fielding.
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Postby thehat » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:48 pm

Boston is in a bind with Nomar. He's still sulking, and the fact he didn't play tonight when apparently asked if he wanted to is troubling. (So is the fact that this milktoast Francona evidently ASKED him...jeez, where's Dick Williams when we need him?).

The problem is that he's a FA at season's end and I see no one that would want to rent him right now. I'm 99% sure he won't be back in Boston (the only FA's they will push hard to resign are Pedro and Varitek), but I suspect they're stuck with him for this season.

Never thought I'd get down on Garciaparra, but he hasn't taken this whole thing like the pro I thought he was. I don't believe anyone's feelings should be hurt because a team preferred A-Rod to him (unless the player has a ridiculously inflated ego) and I'm highly disappointed by Nomar's less than stellar attitude.

I'm not the only one. He's likely to be booed for the first time in his career when they get back home on Tuesday.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:50 pm

thehat wrote:The problem is that he's a FA at season's end and I see no one that would want to rent him right now.

Maybe if Nomar wants out of Boston he'd agree to the 3-day window to renegotiate a deal. That would make him a lot more appealing but even without that I have to think someone out there would rent a player of his caliber.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby colt4523 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:56 pm

The cubbies sure need a shortstop ;-D
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Postby wannabthechamp » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:05 pm

I heard somewhere that Peter Gammons mentioned the Cubs were interested in Nomar? Did anyone else hear this?
"I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany. - Ron Burgundy
wannabthechamp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers