Is Halo the only reason to own an Xbox? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Is Halo the only reason to own an Xbox?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Halo the only reason to own an Xbox?

Postby ironman » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:20 pm

I've played Halo and I think its fun, but I've never gotten into it like some have. I prefer to play sports games and I do play GTA. But for some reason whenever I go to the game store to get a new game the clerk will see its for Xbox and we'll have this exchange:

Clerk: "Xbox? Do you play Halo?"
Me: "No"
Clerk: "Never?"
Me: "I played it once, its not bad."
Clerk: "Not bad? Man, Halo is where its at! You gotta get Halo!"
Me: "I'll stick to my sports games thanks."

Now the first time this happened I thought nothing of it but four, count em, four times I've gone and had the same type of conversation and with different clerks no less. And afterwards they get all condescending like I'm wasting my time playing the other games. Like right now, as you read this, there is a poor kid out there somewhere that could be playing Halo but doesn't have an Xbox and mine is wasting away while I play Knockout Kings and Madden.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:26 pm

I love sports games.......games like Halo are only good for multiplayer at university. You can't play ALL the time though. The ony games I've bought are some Bond game (like Halo, but I like it better) and MVP 2004. I've played MVP so much I'm surprised I havn't had to buy a new disc :-b

I'm waiting for Madden 2005 to come out, and also the new Toger Woods game. I'll probly buy those two. Maybe even the new NHL game.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:50 pm

The only reason to own XBOX is Halo? What's the reason to own PS2 then? XBOX has all the same sports games plus more. XBOX is the complete package IMO.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ironman » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:20 pm

LBJackal wrote:I love sports games.......games like Halo are only good for multiplayer at university. You can't play ALL the time though. The ony games I've bought are some Bond game (like Halo, but I like it better) and MVP 2004. I've played MVP so much I'm surprised I havn't had to buy a new disc :-b

I'm waiting for Madden 2005 to come out, and also the new Toger Woods game. I'll probly buy those two. Maybe even the new NHL game.

Yeah those games are fun when you're in college. When I was in school in the dorms it was all about Goldeneye on N64. That and Mario Kart were the two most played games.

NCAA Football 2005 is coming out this month. I'll probably get that so I can once again build my dynasty with Northern Iowa. Go Panthers!
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:32 am

eftda wrote:Reasons to get an xbox:

Halo
Halo 2
Rainbow six: 3
All-Star Baseball 2005
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2
Star Wars: Battegrounds
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
GTA
GTA Vice City

Pretty good list there. ;-D

Don't forget Project Gotham Racing and PGR 2. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Flockers » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:53 am

Sega GT Racing is a pretty sweet game too.
Flockers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bukoski77 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:58 am

I play sports games on console systems as they usually arent too button advanced. I can configure my controller adequately enough to get advanced and have lots of fun with any game playstation/X-box whatever with a console.

If someone is too get that aesthetic with first person shooter games as to critique a sports video game buyer, then they should be playing on PC.

Sports games are easier, more fun, and over all more enjoyable on a console to me than a PC. First player shooter games? A console just cant compare at all. The game speed isnt as fast (not internet connection I'm reffering to, game system) as a good PC. The player options arent as accessable with switching weapons, useing items, etc...... Paramount and most importantly is that a first player shooter on console just cant compare with the 3-D aspect of looking to your right with the mouse and moveing the other way with your key board while playing on a PC.

Dont let the clerks get to you at all with your choice in video games. They are the same as video store clerks at a privately owned video store scoffing because your not intrested in the obscure low budget independant film they reccomend...............
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to General Talk