Absolute insanity - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Absolute insanity

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Absolute insanity

Postby Pochuck » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:49 pm

Now I no there are many ways and strategies to play fantasy baseball but i and a few others are really ticked at couple guys in are league for being totally disruptive! Im in first place so its not sour grapes!
Its ten team h2h league weekly changes , fair money, $100 entry and $1 per transaction. One guy has made 17 trades has 50 moves also. Has one player from his draft, well three actually if you count the two he traded and then got them back in another trade. Trades for players then week later drops those players. His latest trade was trading Hudson and Helton( his last stick) for Pedro , F. Thomas
and M. Alou. Another of his trades was K. Brown, J. Lopez for J. Varitek and B. Colon.
The other guy has 14 trades 70 transactions like to rob from the weak and uninformed ( like other guy) they have made probably 7/8 trades between them, but when he deals with someone knowledgable he gets burnt. He traded Berkman for B. Myers as example. He is one who Just made the above trade that will be second time he had Hudson. Also got M. Ramirez from same guy for almost nothing. And has robbed another guy of Hudson , M. Giles for nothing. I have shamed him into upping offers for couple trades to others but several of us are really getting pissed.
Are league relys on commish (he tried to trade W. Miller for Sheffield several of us verbally abused him!) for deciding trades no protest mechanism.
Are we bing to touchy and should just keep quiet and let these guys play how they want and institute changes next year?
By the way these are no kids 30 to 60 yr old men in this league.
Pochuck
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Berge20 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:19 pm

Well, since it's a $$$ league I would insist that next year you have some type of mechanism to veto trades outside of the commish only option.
Berge20
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigMusky » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:26 pm

I do not know why you are getting upset by

Hudson/Helton for Thomas/Alou/Pedro

or even

Brown/Lopez for Varitek/Colon

Brown is injured right now and Lopez is nothing compared to what he was last year. Colon is struggling right now, but with those Angel bats he could start tearing it up. Tim Hudson and Pedro are even in my book and Helton is worth Alou and Thomas. Those guys are at peak value right now and Helton is not. I think you guys are over reacting a bit. Sheffield is having shoulder problems right now and is already talking about surgery after the season. If I had him, I might consider trading him for something less just to make sure you do not lose him for the rest of the year.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:28 pm

BigMusky wrote:I do not know why you are getting upset by

Hudson/Helton for Thomas/Alou/Pedro

or even

Brown/Lopez for Varitek/Colon

Brown is injured right now and Lopez is nothing compared to what he was last year. Colon is struggling right now, but with those Angel bats he could start tearing it up. Tim Hudson and Pedro are even in my book and Helton is worth Alou and Thomas. Those guys are at peak value right now and Helton is not. I think you guys are over reacting a bit. Sheffield is having shoulder problems right now and is already talking about surgery after the season. If I had him, I might consider trading him for something less just to make sure you do not lose him for the rest of the year.

I may be missing the point but I agree 100%. :-?
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:30 pm

The second one is a little iffy but the first one is pretty equal if you ask me.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pochuck » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:34 pm

We are more concerned about the number of trades and transactions tell me really do u have any clue if you trade for same guys twice or more and drop guys a week after u trade for them?

I think not!
Pochuck
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:39 pm

Pochuck wrote:We are more concerned about the number of trades and transactions tell me really do u have any clue if you trade for same guys twice or more and drop guys a week after u trade for them?

I think not!

As long as it's not hurting the other owners, what difference does it make? I must be missing something here, but I don't see the intial argument at all. :-?
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby thehat » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:10 pm

I have no clue what you're complaining about. If owners want to spend money on a ton of trades and transactions, and there's no collusion, then where's the beef? Hell, you're in 1st place and you're whining...these guys are putting $$$ in your pocket from the way it looks.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby great gretzky » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:10 pm

i don't see how the quantity of moves they make is any of your business. Unless they are dump, collusive trades, I say pound sand. Not to be rude, but i come from the high transaction mindset. My draft is my "start point" I never look at a teams as a finished product. If you aren't looking to improve IMO, you ain't playing.

Managers who get mad at this strike me as the type who want to build in the advantage THEY feel they have after the draft. I think ALL of the tools, draft, wire, trades are equally important. I use the draft to get my core guys and core strategy -- and I try not to waiver from that. But the moderate to peripheral guys? i willdefinityl trade a lot, trying to accumulate value each step. Eventually you find out you have a powerhouse.

the disadvtage to this is in process, the frequent trader can "miss out on stats" due to transaction times and unequal games left and stuff like that.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:14 am

I don't see any issues with this. Sure, it doesn't seem too bright to keep trading away the same players and getting the same guys in return, but as long as the trades are relatively even, and they pay the transaction fee, then so be it. I don't see any issues with it.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers