Awakenings: Starring Bret Boone - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Awakenings: Starring Bret Boone

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bibsybob » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:52 pm

in the games that ive seen him, he looks horrible at the plate. I hold fast to my belief that he will continue to suck.
bibsybob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Longhorns76 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:55 pm

I think he is clearly a better athlete than the older Jeff Kent, I believe what's going on is more mental and emotional than physical. He's hit at Safeco before and he can do it again. I'm pulliing for him as I drafted him pretty high. He deserves the benefit of the doubt as he has been consistently good for the last three years. He may suck or he may be back to his old self. i hope he gets better. You also may never know if he could be shipped to the yanks or someone else that needs help at 2nd. That could rejuvenate him as well. I think there are more questions than answers regarding Booney.
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:04 pm

fugures, I have him benched this week too ...

Oh well ..If he keeps it up for the week, I 'll give him his job back. I can't trade him, and I can't drop him. He has become the cancer on my team and I sure hope he beats whatever is ailing him ....
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby Longhorns76 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:06 pm

He was INTENTIALLY WALKED LOL...

That's something I haven't been able to say this year about the guy.
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Super GM » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:08 pm

wrveres wrote:fugures, I have him benched this week too ...

Oh well ..If he keeps it up for the week, I 'll give him his job back. I can't trade him, and I can't drop him. He has become the cancer on my team and I sure hope he beats whatever is ailing him ....

The infamous "can't-cut-list", huh? I'm glad I don't own him, but if it soothes your pain, Luis Castillo isn't playing too well either.....
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:36 pm

Super GM wrote:
wrveres wrote:fugures, I have him benched this week too ...

The infamous "can't-cut-list", huh? I'm glad I don't own him, but if it soothes your pain, Luis Castillo isn't playing too well either.....

no, not that ... i wouldn't drop him anyways. He was a top 5 pick, suck as he may so far, he could always have a huge 2nd half. I coldn't live with myself if that happened on another squad .. I'd say I have suffred though probably 80% of his AB's this season, so I have no quams about suffering the rest of the way. He can't hurt me on my bench. Of course this week shows he can't help me there either.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby thetongueofire » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:59 pm

i'm laughing real hard right now (it might be too early tho :-b ). i've completed 4 trades for Boone in the past week... got him for virtually nothing compared to his preseason value. hoping this is the start of Boone tearing it up :-o

anways, anyone watch the game and wanna share anything 'bout Boone/how he looked etc. ?
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers