head to head league strategy?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

head to head league strategy??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

head to head league strategy??

Postby pizz » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:24 pm

i have an above average team but im just 9 games over .500, i notice i am losing the RBI/K's/W's/ERA/WHIP categories

i had 5 closers on my roster (ESPN league) and its acting as a double edge sword, if they get lit up which they tend to do then it kills the era and whip, but i have been winning the saves category.

those of you who are in H2H leagues or played them before, would u bite the bullet on saves (1 point) and pick all starters? this would increase my chances for wins in the W/K/ ERA/WHIP if they pitch good

plus i could trade closers for RBI producers.

also ive seen in another league a guy have 7 closers and he swaps possible starters everyday, of course he has the most strikeouts/w's but to me that seems cheap to swap 5 (PS) a day

let me know what you think? i could win the league if i had some consistent 7-3 or 8-2 weeks
still a giants fan this year :(
pizz
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:38 pm

2 relief pitchers, the rest starters...that's what I do. Most weeks it tends to give me a decent WHIP, ERA, S and W; great Ks and usually high BBs.

I don't like to punt any category, but in H2H, saves aren't as important as they are in Roto leagues.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pizz » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:56 pm

i agree with that, 2 consistent closers can muster up 4-8 saves a week, if it was a roto points league i wouldnt give up any closers.

thank you for that advice.
pizz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BGbootha » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:44 pm

i have been debating the same thing for about 2 weeks now. I have come real close to punting the saves cat all together and picking up one or two middle relievers instead. My starters are good enought to get me 3 of the 4 other cats on a weekly basis, but i am dying offensivly.

I have shopped my closers around a little and it looks like i can make some dramatic improvements offensivly. right now i only have three closers (kolb, looper and urbina) and am losing saves anyway. Why not??

Is there another way to salvage my season?
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pizz » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:34 pm

any other comments before i start to trade.. if anything i will keep takatsu/lidge and deal the rest. i doubt i can get much for frasor, but ya never know
pizz
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers