Delgado to be activated on friday - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Delgado to be activated on friday

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Delgado to be activated on friday

Postby Smizzy » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:09 pm

June 30, 2004 1:57 PM ET
Blue Jays: Delgado to be activated Friday

The News
Carlos Delgado will get his wish, as the Blue Jays intend to activate the injured first baseman from the disabled list in time for this weekend's series in Delgado's home country of Puerto Rico. Delgado said he isn't rushing back just for a taste of home cooking, however. "When I come back I'll be coming back because I can play," Delgado told the Toronto Sun. "If I can't I'm not going to be stupid about it." Delgado took part in pre-game batting practice Tuesday and will play for Single-A Dunedin tonight. Assuming he doesn't suffer a setback, he'll be back in the starting lineup.
Our View
Jays manager Carlos Tosca added that he wouldn't baby Delgado by easing him back into his regular workload. If you've been suffering without Delgado, who hasn't played since May 30 because of a rib cage injury, it appears you're getting the green light to get him back into your lineup.
Smizzy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:23 pm

That's great news, but we've been hearing the same line for the last 2 weeks. Let's hope it's true this time around. Once he's back in the lineup, lets hope and pray for some production.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zepfan » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:32 pm

I'll also be praying he doesn't get traded to the Dodgers... :-P

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:35 pm

zepfan wrote:I'll also be praying he doesn't get traded to the Dodgers... :-P

As a Dodgers fan, I can safely say, me too! The last thing the Dodgers need is an overpaid, underperforming star. We've already got Shawn Green. The last thing Delgado needs is the hitters hell of Dodger Stadium to jumpstart his offense.

That would be a bad combination from both sides. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eftda » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:42 pm

Delgado should be traded to the BoSox... that would be nice :-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:57 pm

smizzy -- cite your sources... even though we know it's a quote we'd like to know where it is from.

delgado to the dodgers would be nice...
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Smizzy » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:58 pm

matmat wrote:smizzy -- cite your sources... even though we know it's a quote we'd like to know where it is from.

delgado to the dodgers would be nice...

Fanball
Smizzy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:00 pm

matmat wrote:delgado to the dodgers would be nice...

What's your reasoning?
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby matmat » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:07 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:
What's your reasoning?

1) the dodgers could use another good bat
2) green is probably slumping partially because he is still learning a new position (1B).
3) he'd be reunited with green, I hear they're buddies.
4) I like the dodgers and I think he'd help :)
5) dodgers have some pitching prospects they could get rid of, maybe they could even trade nomo...

i also imagine that the angels might go after him, you never know...
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:17 pm

I would be very very surprised if Delgado hits with any power when he comes back.

He has a ribcage injury and he says that it hurts when he twists his body. Have you seen how much torque this guy puts on a swing? He throws his whold body into the swing.

This is kind of like a groin injury in that it takes a long time to heal and can be tweaked again causing a set back. He is coming back early because the Jays are missing Cat and Wells and Phelps is getting benched so they need some bat, any bat in the line up.

My guess is that Carlos comes back and hits softly for the next 2 weeks. .220 0HR and 5 RBI over the next two weeks. Keep him out of your lineup unless your name is Carlos Tosca!

just a fan's opinion..
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers