strategy for winning league with Hits, TotalBases,L's & CG's - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

strategy for winning league with Hits, TotalBases,L's & CG's

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

strategy for winning league with Hits, TotalBases,L's & CG's

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:22 pm

O.K.... my teams in 8th place, many games outta first, heres the plan... ive got mora, beltran, giles, javy, boone, garret anderson, patterson and overbay... these are the players i wanna hold onto if at all possible... my pitching staff is

D. Graves (Cin - SP,RP)
O. Dotel (Oak - RP)
F. Rodríguez (Ana - RP)
J. Rincón (Min - RP)
S. Takatsu (CWS - RP)
J. Frasor (Tor - RP)
J. Vázquez (NYY - SP)
O. Pérez (LA - SP)
J. Santana (Min - SP,RP)
O. Pérez (Pit - SP)
A. Eaton (SD - SP)
DL J. PeavyDL (SD - SP)

now the plan is to trade graves, dotel, vazquez at all costs, and go for guys that set the table, ichiro, damon, biggio etc... im gonna try and grab tejada while hes mediocre, huff, sosa etc... my pitching strategy is gonna be to get solid high K middle relief, and basically 5-6 low era relievers, and like 4 high K starters... the offenesive strategy is gonna be to try and win hits, runs, sbs, , avg every week... and hope guys like (huff, tejada, if i can get them) beltran, giles, mora, boone (if he turns shit around), garret, etc can get me enough total bases, hrs, and rbis to win those sometimes, and on pitching i wanna win losses, era, whip, k's every week and hope the likes of peavy, johan, eaton, perez, perez (or whoever i keep on my staff) can get me wins here and there and maybe grab saves/cg's every week or so...

lend me your advice on this strategy, wise? gonna work? any other ideas? thanks alot
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:23 pm

other categories are standard, yahoo, runs, hr, rbi, sb, avg.. w, k, sv, era, whip
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KULCAT » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:40 pm

I dont like going for runs cause its such unpredictable category. If youre up ahead in saves maybe you should go get multiple category guys instead on fast guys with high obp
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:09 pm

well its actually a Head 2 Head league... i shoulda mentioned that, im in 8th out of 12 teams... so my theory wouldnt work for a rotisserie league but in a head to head i think this strategy would work... whatya think?
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:37 pm

Well the rebuilding begins! with this strategy in mind ive acquired Nomar and Ichiro for J Vazquez, Dotel, and Furcal... the kid who did this trade is in first and ahead of me by 32 games... and his lineup is stacked... he needed pitching, so perfect... i get nomar b4 he gets hot... and ihiro who will fit into my hits, runs, svs, avg plan... and nomar gets me my power numbers, hrs, rbi, tb and hes a middle infielder. i plan on making one more move... after this trade goes through im gonna grab mota to fill dotels spot. im gonna try and dump graves now... i think im gonna go after a solid 1st basemen now... please share your opinions, but i def think this trade helped A Lot!
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby blankman » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:45 pm

Do not go after Ichiro. Look at his 1st/2nd half splits. His 2nd halves are terrible average-wise :-P

Edit: I guess I was too late on that, try to trade him
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:01 pm

[quote="blankman"]Do not go after Ichiro. Look at his 1st/2nd half splits. His 2nd halves are terrible average-wise :-P

Edit: I guess I was too late on that, try to trade him[/quote]

well my hopes are that he will haver a good second half, him along with brett boone... i dont like to look at 1st second half splits for players who have only been in the league a few years, i dont think its fair to use them when they only have 2-3 seasons under their belt
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby blankman » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:03 pm

NYMetsIn2k4 wrote:
blankman wrote:Do not go after Ichiro. Look at his 1st/2nd half splits. His 2nd halves are terrible average-wise :-P

Edit: I guess I was too late on that, try to trade him

well my hopes are that he will haver a good second half, him along with brett boone... i dont like to look at 1st second half splits for players who have only been in the league a few years, i dont think its fair to use them when they only have 2-3 seasons under their belt

Its different when players are young, but Ichiro is not young. He's 30 I believe, and I think you can expect more of the same awful 2nd halves from him. If you choose to ignore it, its your loss and you can quote me on that.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:10 pm

[quote="blankman"][quote="NYMetsIn2k4"][quote="blankman"]Do not go after Ichiro. Look at his 1st/2nd half splits. His 2nd halves are terrible average-wise :-P

Edit: I guess I was too late on that, try to trade him[/quote]

well my hopes are that he will haver a good second half, him along with brett boone... i dont like to look at 1st second half splits for players who have only been in the league a few years, i dont think its fair to use them when they only have 2-3 seasons under their belt[/quote]

Its different when players are young, but Ichiro is not young. He's 30 I believe, and I think you can expect more of the same awful 2nd halves from him. If you choose to ignore it, its your loss and you can quote me on that.[/quote]

well im sure if things dont work out ill remember this post, but the trades as good as done, so ill just pray from here on out... and if/when ichiro has a good second half... you can quote me on this
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers