why is noone talking about David Bell? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

why is noone talking about David Bell?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LBJackal » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:13 am

WhiteHot wrote:
LBJackal wrote:He's had a long, bad career as a hitter. Doesn't hit for average, doesn't hit for power, doesn't have any speed, and there is always the chance Utley will return to the starting lineup in which case him or Polanco would be on the bench.

He had a good May but I wouldn't start him in anything but a large NL only league.

What? How could Utley replace him? Utley plays 2B and a little 1B and has never played 3B.

David Bell is the starting 3B. The backup 3B, Perez, has only had 29 plate appearances at 3B this year, while Bell has 275+. I don't know where you are getting your information that Utley will replace Bell.

I'm just saying that if Bell starts to hit like he always does, then a) he will be a terrible fantasy option and b) Utley might play 2B (if even for a short while, as unlikely as it seems), moving Polanco to 3B. I never said Utley would play 3B..........but regardless, point A should be enough to leave Bell on the WW............

And no shart, it isn't me that has an issue with clutch (although I don't really believe in it), it was HOOTIE.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zen Boy » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:59 am

When I first saw he hit for the cycle, I didn't think much of it. Then when he followed that up with another monster game, I checked his stats and saw that he already had been kinda heating up in the Red Sox series. Then I noticed that he was very solid overall in the month of May. So take away a slow April and he's been a borderline stud this year.

I picked him up in a deep mixed league, HTH points, I know he won't light it up like he has been but I'm hoping he'll just be steady and solid for the year so I can put my season long search for a third baseman to rest.
Zen Boy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers