Beltran pondering - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beltran pondering

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby King Tim » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:15 pm

Amazinz wrote:Four weeks is a pretty tight window to fall out of the race and make a decent trade. I'd like to see it just because I can't remember (if ever) a player being traded twice at the deadline (not counting funky 3-team deals).

Cliff Floyd back in 2002. I thought he was dealt to the Expos and then traded to the Red Sox.
King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:21 pm

blankman wrote:
RynMan wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:His steals are going to drop off dramatically in Houston. Hes in the 3 hole now and has Berkman and usually Kent hitting behind him. Would you risk an out with those guys up? I think Beltran was overrated because of his steals. When was the last time he stole a base? I know he still has only 14, and Matt Lawton is doing better than him.

Are u kidding me? The guy has 17 bombs and 15 steals! That is fantasy gold, speed, power and decent average, hitting on a team that will knock him around and give him RBI opportunities. Without the steals, he is still a very solid pick. You throw in the steals and he is gold. You can take Lawton, I will take Beltran.

Read closer before you jump on someone's back. He said Lawton is doing better than Beltran and not that Lawton is better than Beltran. Lawton has played just as well as Beltran this year, so I guess you'd call him fantasy gold thus far too and a more solid pick, considering he probably went towards the end of the draft if at all, while Beltran went top 7 or so in most drafts.

I meant what i said, and no thanks, i dont need to read closer. His whole argument was how Beltran was overrated due to his steals. And he tried to illustrate this by comparing him to Lawton. By the end of the season, Beltran and Lawton won't even be in the same fascinity as far as stats go. And yeah he said Lawton IS doing better than Beltran. But he's not! In steals and average maybe, for now! But i mean if you had said 3 weeks ago Jarrod Washburn was doing better than Curt Schilling in the wins department, would you have just run out and grabbed Washburn because he was DOING better in that area? I doubt it. But i guess this is fantasy baseball, you go with the guys that you think will do well, trade low for guys who you think will turn it around....and jus overall go with your gut feeling. My gut tells me Beltran isn't overrated, was worth the 8th pick that i used on him. Didn't mean to jump on anyone's back, just pointing out a few things. :-)
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby blankman » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:37 pm

RynMan wrote:My gut tells me Beltran isn't overrated, was worth the 8th pick that i used on him.

I'd agree with that, mostly because you got him late. Lots of people took him about 5th overall and he may not be worth that high of a pick.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers