[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 562: include(./includes/trivia_unanswer.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 562: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './includes/trivia_unanswer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php')
what binds us together? (answered) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Trivia Time Trial

what binds us together? (answered)

Moderator: Baseball Trivia Mods

Postby paulman8 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:51 pm

How do we know that this has to do with getting hits? Or have you told us that? I was thinking that maybe they each made an error that led to an unearned run to cost their team the series. (Doesnt have to be game 7...cuz if a series went to game 7, it would've been done in 6 w/o the error. Thats the only connection that I though might be possible after looking at the Series stats on the ones who only played in one series (limited the amount I had to look). Of course, I couldnt find single game stats...so this could be completely not true.
Seeing as the Braves have won 12 division titles in a row, does that mean that soon they are going to have to start making columns as well???

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74587
paulman8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

More hints...

Postby ukrneal » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:56 am

Incorrect.

The answer does have to do with hits.

Another hint: These 13 players represent 13 different teams. Players from all the remaining other teams (post 1940) cannot be put onto this list (assuming I didn't miss anyone).

Here are 3 players, their teams, and the year being indicated:
Roy Hughes: Cubs, 1945
Dwight Evans: Boston, 1986
JT Snow: Giants, 2002

I hope the answer doesn't let anyone down....
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Andy1234 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:47 am

Each of the teams involved Lost the Last WS that they played in. I'm guessing these players all had the Final hit in the that WS, thus giving these players the final WS hit for their respective franchises.<br><br><span class=gensmall>Accepted as answer by ukrneal on Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:54 am EST.</span>
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Trivia Time Trial