Pick up Riske a.s.a.p. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pick up Riske a.s.a.p.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby benjapage » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:36 am

i am going to feel like such a dork if someone picks up jimenez and he gets straightened out in the closing role. for someone in need of saves, i'm terribly unsure of my dropping of an established closer, even if he is a bee-otch.

:-o

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TonyCee » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:00 am

benjapage wrote:i am going to feel like such a dork if someone picks up jimenez and he gets straightened out in the closing role. for someone in need of saves, i'm terribly unsure of my dropping of an established closer, even if he is a bee-otch.

:-o

b

I feel ya but I am done with the gimp, he is killing me everywhere for what, a few saves, lol.
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:08 am

LBJackal wrote:So if you have something people should know, say it. Don't worry if most poeple already know ;-D

If Arod is availiable, then pick him up. :-D

Just lightening the mood a little ;-) . Glad to see that everyone got everything worked out. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby funatic » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:34 am

perlick29 wrote:Ok i apologize for coming off with a holier than thou approach which it looks like you guys are interpreting my comments as. The general point I was trying to convey was that I am better than all of you and you all stink.( Ok that's a joke to lighten the mood although I here the crickets chirping already.) the 2 of you guys, thehat and tmoney, we've been around a while here so instead of being defensive I'll just apologize. tmoney youand I have even exchanged advice on a couple of occasions so I meant no harm.

I certainly don't think this cafe revolves around me at all, I wanna help others more than myself I just forgot the fact that every member is on different levels than everyone else.

Sorry, everyone, pick up Riske if he's available, he should be a solid closer the rest of the way. Thanks for the support slow pitch, I'm down with getting into expert leagues with everyone here next year. ;-D

You are a bigger man perlick! ;-D
funatic
College Coach
College Coach

Postby FantasyNoob » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:46 am

<--- Has a big fat L. ;-)
Okay, so here's my question: In a points league, where improving categories like whip and era aren't nearly as important, is Riske still all that valuable if he never ends up in the closer role? I mean, I had him earlier and he just killed me, and I dropped him when he got demoted. The only player I would consider dropping is Valverde, but he's supposed to be back in a week or so (I think I heard Jul 7th somewhere). Do people here think it would be worth dropping Valverde because Riske is such a lock to reclaim the closers role and perform there? I don't think there's much risk of anyone picking him up before he either closes a game or is announced as a clsoer.
FantasyNoob
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby tmaniar » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:50 am

What the heck is wrong with you guys? This is fantasy baseball, stop acting like a married couple. Boo hoo, if someone puts you down suck it up, who cares.
tmaniar Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ender » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:10 am

I think a better move would be to drop jiminez and just get a good setup man. What does a bad closer do for your team? Gives you a few saves, hurts your ERA and WHIP, hurts your K's since you could be getting more from another player. Why bother.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby john gardner » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:37 am

COOL! B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-)
You never can tell...the depth of the well...by the length of the handle on the pump..
john gardner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby d18Mike » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:37 am

After last night it looks like Wedge is starting to back down a little from his rather strong and hugely unjustified support of Jimenez last week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=k ... &type=lgns
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby slomo007 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:41 am

d18Mike wrote:After last night it looks like Wedge is starting to back down a little from his rather strong and hugely unjustified support of Jimenez last week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=k ... &type=lgns

Great news...but I'm afraid the real problem is that without Riske, Rick White is their only decent setup man, at least until Betancourt comes off the DL. I am afraid Wedge is going to wait for Raffy to be back before making any moves, so that he still has 2 quality setup men. :-t
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers