Pick up Riske a.s.a.p. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pick up Riske a.s.a.p.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby perlick29 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:11 pm

I'm not really on a high horse thehat. Iknow you well enough already to know you were making a suggestion to others and that you are an excellent participator and expert here at the cafe. It's more of a straw that broke the camels back type deal where I've been getting a lot of suggestions that would sort of seem like known info since everyone talks like they've known about Riske and LIDGE. (the suggestion I'm much mor upset about)

Justin Lehr- when that came out I was excited because I didn't know.

LIDGE- I was mad because he was owned in my 10 team public league even before he closed.

I respect everyone's opinions, just making a suggestion that might help.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thehat » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:16 pm

Since it's entirely conceivable and indeed likely that the majority here may have some involvement in one of those lowly public leagues, or a custom that's not razor sharp, all info is pertinent. If the thread is of no use to you personally, why not just skip it completely instead of offering a disdainful comment about the usefulness of a suggestion?

I don't mean to hassle you on this, Perlick, but sometimes we veterans (myself included) get a little over the top and need to be cooled off a bit.
Last edited by thehat on Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Slow Pitch » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:18 pm

perlick29 wrote:I'm not really on a high horse thehat. Iknow you well enough already to know you were making a suggestion to others and that you are an excellent participator and expert here at the cafe. It's more of a straw that broke the camels back type deal where I've been getting a lot of suggestions that would sort of seem like known info since everyone talks like they've known about Riske and LIDGE. (the suggestion I'm much mor upset about)

Justin Lehr- when that came out I was excited because I didn't know.

LIDGE- I was mad because he was owned in my 10 team public league even before he closed.

I respect everyone's opinions, just making a suggestion that might help.

I completely agree with you. Maybe there should be an experts or large league forum....heck there is one for everything else.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tmoney » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:18 pm

perlick29 wrote:
tmoney wrote:
perlick29 wrote:Just a thought but a lot more people need to put those L logos next to their names. Because I'm not crazy about guys suggesting to pick up these players who would already be owned in any league worth its salt. I've seen it go on a lot lately and it's a shame that a lot more people don't admit that they are novices or are in non-expert leagues.

A little while back I was getting suggestions for me to pick up Brad Lidge. C'mon some of us must only be in 10-12 team leagues. There's nothing wrong with that at all, but if that's the case, I should see the Yellow L's. Sorry to sound grumpy.

I assume you are reffering to me, which I take some offense to your comment. I checked on espn, and Riske is still only owned in 29.8% of all espn.com fantasy leagues. I am guessing that is similar to most yahoo leagues and whatever else people play around here, I would not say that Riske is owned in any league worth its salt.

Actually, I was referring to the title of the thread itself and I was making a much bigger case for the statement that was made about Lidge a while back. And like I said the mass public leagues wouldn't own Riske, but the cafe is where I come to get info that isn't in mass. It's why they ask you to put that L next to your name if your a rook but very few actually do that. And like I said before expert leagues or leagues over 12 teams should already have Riske owned anyway.

Yep, you are the only one who comes to the cafe, and the cafe revolves around you. I will make sure to ask you next time I make a post if you already are informed on that topic..... If you dont like a suggestion, just ignore it, dont get mad at it. I figure you have better things to do than get upset at someone suggesting something, even the example about Lidge, but I guess not.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Baseballer02 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:27 pm

Sorry to butt in here, but Perlick, it came across to me like you were trying to state your case that you're the best fantasy baseball player in the cafe, and everyone else is just some rookie. That's hardly the case, as everyone here can learn something from all kinds of different people.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby perlick29 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:28 pm

Ok i apologize for coming off with a holier than thou approach which it looks like you guys are interpreting my comments as. The general point I was trying to convey was that I am better than all of you and you all stink.( Ok that's a joke to lighten the mood although I here the crickets chirping already.) the 2 of you guys, thehat and tmoney, we've been around a while here so instead of being defensive I'll just apologize. tmoney youand I have even exchanged advice on a couple of occasions so I meant no harm.

I certainly don't think this cafe revolves around me at all, I wanna help others more than myself I just forgot the fact that every member is on different levels than everyone else.

Sorry, everyone, pick up Riske if he's available, he should be a solid closer the rest of the way. Thanks for the support slow pitch, I'm down with getting into expert leagues with everyone here next year. ;-D
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bibsybob » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:30 pm

i think perlick is making the over-assuming the similarities between what his envisionment of a league should be like in terms of number of teams, cats, smarts of managers, etc in comparison to the majority. buts it seems like its all good now, hes seen the truth ;-D
bibsybob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thehat » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:37 pm

Everything is now officially cool. B-)
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby tmoney » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:49 pm

perlick29 wrote:the 2 of you guys, thehat and tmoney, we've been around a while here so instead of being defensive I'll just apologize. tmoney youand I have even exchanged advice on a couple of occasions so I meant no harm.

This is why I was so suprised by your comments. It sounded like you were calling me and thehat beginners, which I kinda took as a slap in the face, especially since you and I have talked on a few ocassions. BUT, its over and done with now, and I appreciate you apologizing. Everyone has said there fair share of things they regret, I know first hand, so lets just move on and continue enjoying the cafe.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LBJackal » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:10 am

Seems to be cool now, but don't anybody be shy of giving info that might seem common knowledge. A lot of people in here are in 8 or 10 team leagues (as much as I dislike them) so any advice is good. I'm sure a lot of beginners come here that are in those smaller leagues and leagues where there isn't as much "proactive adding".

So if you have something people should know, say it. Don't worry if most poeple already know ;-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers