Pick up Riske a.s.a.p. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pick up Riske a.s.a.p.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pick up Riske a.s.a.p.

Postby thehat » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:24 pm

The totally inept Jimenez just lost yet another one for Cleveland. This guy is beyond awful.

Considering Riske had another strong outing tonight, I really can't envision Jimenez closing any longer, and in fact I see no reason he won't simply be released.

I honestly don't believe there's a worse pitcher in the majors right now.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bibsybob » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:27 pm

when bbtn did an cleveland tigers update and i saw jimenez pitching, i knew immediately that there would be a walk off. I was rotflmao when it happened.
bibsybob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby perlick29 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:34 pm

bibsybob wrote:when bbtn did an cleveland tigers update and i saw jimenez pitching, i knew immediately that there would be a walk off. I was rotflmao when it happened.

I had that same sickening feeling when I sae him in the game as well. :,-( Oh well, he was horrible while he lasted but at least I got like 8 saves out of it. Bad part is I lead my league in ERA and whip but it seems like lately my relievers (MOTA, JIMENEZ and DOTEL, I have more but these are the guys) are the ones who have been erasing all the good work my starters have been doing. :~( :~(

Bye Bye Jimenez, I hardly knew or cared about ye.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tmoney » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:40 pm

Ive been on the Riske train for a few weeks now and have been saying that he will get the job back soon, but have had a lot of doubters. He has put up great numbers since he blew up early this season. And forget about Wickman, if Riske continues to pitch the way he is, Wickman wont be in the picture (plus Wickman hasnt pitched a major league game in something like a 1.5 years). Riske is finally pitching the way everyone hoped he would, and I suggest you add him.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby perlick29 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:51 pm

Just a thought but a lot more people need to put those L logos next to their names. Because I'm not crazy about guys suggesting to pick up these players who would already be owned in any league worth its salt. I've seen it go on a lot lately and it's a shame that a lot more people don't admit that they are novices or are in non-expert leagues.

A little while back I was getting suggestions for me to pick up Brad Lidge. C'mon some of us must only be in 10-12 team leagues. There's nothing wrong with that at all, but if that's the case, I should see the Yellow L's. Sorry to sound grumpy.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tmoney » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:56 pm

perlick29 wrote:Just a thought but a lot more people need to put those L logos next to their names. Because I'm not crazy about guys suggesting to pick up these players who would already be owned in any league worth its salt. I've seen it go on a lot lately and it's a shame that a lot more people don't admit that they are novices or are in non-expert leagues.

A little while back I was getting suggestions for me to pick up Brad Lidge. C'mon some of us must only be in 10-12 team leagues. There's nothing wrong with that at all, but if that's the case, I should see the Yellow L's. Sorry to sound grumpy.

I assume you are reffering to me, which I take some offense to your comment. I checked on espn, and Riske is still only owned in 29.8% of all espn.com fantasy leagues. I am guessing that is similar to most yahoo leagues and whatever else people play around here, I would not say that Riske is owned in any league worth its salt.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bibsybob » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:57 pm

riske is not owned in a lot of leagues at all, very few in fact.
bibsybob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mwb743s » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:00 pm

he is in both of mine now! Looked at his last month stats that have been great, hope this is a good move!!
mwb743s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: Al Hrabosky's Ballpark Saloon taking a leak in the urinal in front of the double sided mirror!

Postby thehat » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:05 pm

perlick29 wrote:Just a thought but a lot more people need to put those L logos next to their names. Because I'm not crazy about guys suggesting to pick up these players who would already be owned in any league worth its salt. I've seen it go on a lot lately and it's a shame that a lot more people don't admit that they are novices or are in non-expert leagues.

Get off your high horse, Perlick. First off, Riske is indeed unavailable in the leagues I'm in. However. just because he's not available where I'm playing doesn't mean he isn't there for the taking elsewhere. Thus, the suggestion. And BTW, if you consider me a novice for posting the opinion, I'll happily invite you to join a league I'm part of that may have an opening or two next season. Just be sure to bring your checkbook.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby perlick29 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:07 pm

tmoney wrote:

I assume you are reffering to me, which I take some offense to your comment. I checked on espn, and Riske is still only owned in 29.8% of all espn.com fantasy leagues. I am guessing that is similar to most yahoo leagues and whatever else people play around here, I would not say that Riske is owned in any league worth its salt.

Actually, I was referring to the title of the thread itself and I was making a much bigger case for the statement that was made about Lidge a while back. And like I said the mass public leagues wouldn't own Riske, but the cafe is where I come to get info that isn't in mass. It's why they ask you to put that L next to your name if your a rook but very few actually do that. And like I said before expert leagues or leagues over 12 teams should already have Riske owned anyway.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers