Any Orlando Cabrera Owners Left? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Any Orlando Cabrera Owners Left?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any Orlando Cabrera Owners Left?

Postby bogie » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:55 pm

I'm just touching base to see if anyone is holding out hope on this guy. You know the story -- had him in 2003, loved his potential and drafted him after all the big dogs were gone. Wrong....

Wanted to see if owners have been able to trade him or have just cut him outright. If so, did he remain a free agent? Or, are you holding out?

Personally I'm ready to hit the eject botton.
bogie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

June and still holding

Postby johnwesleyharding » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:02 pm

Just like Vidro, I am going to wait it out on Cabrera... Granted Vidro is on a different level, but he went through a season long slump until a couple weeks ago. I am going to chalk it up to being part of a pathetic lineup then his ability level... Have to believe both are going to improve... right?
"This is the only thing that really matters... keeps me going, retains my sanity..." John Wesley Harding
johnwesleyharding
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Phenomenon » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:06 pm

Holding on to Cabrera is very risky, but holding on to Vidro could be gold, if he is indeed headed for the Yankees before the end of the trade deadline.
Phenomenon
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby stumpak » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:21 pm

The question is, what's the alternative? I believe that Cabrera will be a pretty subpar SS for the second half, simply because Rs and RBIs will be depressed due to that crappy offense. But are you going to find someone much better? Probably not.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronsonPinchot » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:32 pm

I'd also rather have Vidro than Cabrera.
BronsonPinchot Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BillyMafia » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:54 pm

I have started Cabrera every game this year. My other option is C Guzman who hasn't played poorly but I keep holding hope for Orlando. I'm 9-3 so he hasn't killed me.
BillyMafia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thehat » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:10 pm

Vidro is having a huge June, so that wait was worthwhile. As for Cabrera, he's spending a lot of time on my bench, but I won't cut him. And for the Guzman owner, your best move is to start Guzman right now and only spot OCab vs. lefties.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:40 pm

Phenomenon wrote:Holding on to Cabrera is very risky, but holding on to Vidro could be gold, if he is indeed headed for the Yankees before the end of the trade deadline.

Very doubtful that Vidro is going anyplace now that they have restructured his contract.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Y2J » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:32 pm

i also am a disappointed cabrera owner.. I drafted him, expecting big things. Lately I have been benching him in favor of berroa who had a recent hot streak, but both play in decrepid offenses and I cant expect too much out of either..
Y2J
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BobbyRoberto » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:14 pm

I suffered through Vidro's slump and have been rewarded lately, because he's hitting again. Cabrera's main value this season looks like steals. He had 2 more today, so he's up to 11 now. I think he will improve, though. Like someone said above, it depends on who's available. I'm curious to see how they do in their next trip to Puerto Rico (right before the All-Star Break). Maybe the warm weather will heat up those bats.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers