Lacrosse. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Lacrosse.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lacrosse.

Postby matmat » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:33 pm

I was just watching a lacrosse game the other day... the stuff looks like fencing with a ball flying around... what the heck is the point of this game????! who made it up?
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DaQ » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:44 pm

It was made up by Native Americans. It's like hockey but instead of a stick w/ a blade, there is a stick w/ a net and there is a ball instead of a puck. Also, there are more people on the field in lacrosse and there is an "out of bounds". Everything else is pretty similar.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby matmat » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:46 pm

i just find some rules stupid, that's all... it seems to me that slashing is encouraged, that the team closest to the ball gets it when the ball goes out of bounds (as opposed to the team that didn't put it out of bounds...) and I think it has a shot-clock....
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Navyman52 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:48 pm

Lacrosse is like hockey, meets football, meets basketball, meets boxing. I know I used to play it in HS
Site Admin
BushLeagueBaseball.com
[size=14][URL=http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/fantasy/index.jsp]A PART OF THE THE MLB.COM NETWORK![/URL][/size]
Navyman52
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DK » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:04 pm

I've never liked Lacrosse.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:09 pm

Running back Jim Brown was a great lacrosse player while at Syracuse.
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby matmat » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:13 pm

stomperrob wrote:Running back Jim Brown was a great lacrosse player while at Syracuse.

right, but then he moved to a better sport. :)

was i seeing the field right that there were defenders that were not allowed to cross the half field line????
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:19 pm

matmat wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Running back Jim Brown was a great lacrosse player while at Syracuse.

right, but then he moved to a better sport. :)

Lol, and better money too!
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mugrila » Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:01 am

i don't like it either. some stupid rules and if i wanted to watch a sport that i couldn't follow the path of the ball or puck i'd watch hockey for the fights. :-D

Edit: not to mention that lacrosse, like almost all other sports, can't compare to baseball for a couple of reasons. baseball is a sport where size helps but is not necessary and speed isn't always required (ie pujols, but being one of the best hitters on the planet helps him out). most importantly, baseball is one of the few sports that actually tests your mind almost as much as your body. with so many situations possible, it is imperative that a player knows his job on the next play and can make split second decisions to get the runner out or lay off that slider about to drop off the table. and i'll conclude with a quote, "you cant sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line to run the last couple minutes off the clock. you've got to throw the ball over the god damned plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest sport of them all"
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Flockers » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:52 am

DaQ wrote:It was made up by Native Americans. It's like hockey but instead of a stick w/ a blade, there is a stick w/ a net and there is a ball instead of a puck. Also, there are more people on the field in lacrosse and there is an "out of bounds". Everything else is pretty similar.

He pretty much nailed it. But you can't check in La Crosse. I play la Crosse also.
Flockers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to General Talk