Contreras - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Contreras

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby d18Mike » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:43 pm

So forgive me if I'm a little skeptical to annoint him the next Kerry Wood or Mark Prior

I don't know if anyone has annointed him as such unless they are playing FB in an mental institution ... but I do know that he is a great pickup now because he has a very cushy rotation schedule until the AS break and shortly thereafter if they stay in rotation.

Mets
D' Rays
Tigers
Toronto
Toronto

I don't care how bad you are -- if you are a Yankee pitcher, you'll win at least two of those.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pibb55 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:16 pm

The guy is probably trying to get Contreras because hes a 2nd half pitcher, people have been saying it since the beginning of this year, wait until it heats up and Contreras will be unhittable and now thats happening. Halladay faces the Yankees tons of times after the all star break, and hasnt exactly been ace-like. CWilson has cooled off a bit, but Id still take him over Kendall just for the fact that getting his HRs out of the catchers position is tough.

Call me crazy but I think Contreras and Wilson will outproduce Kendall and Halladay in the 2nd half.
pibb55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:19 pm

pibb55 wrote:The guy is probably trying to get Contreras because hes a 2nd half pitcher, people have been saying it since the beginning of this year, wait until it heats up and Contreras will be unhittable and now thats happening. Halladay faces the Yankees tons of times after the all star break, and hasnt exactly been ace-like. CWilson has cooled off a bit, but Id still take him over Kendall just for the fact that getting his HRs out of the catchers position is tough.

Call me crazy but I think Contreras and Wilson will outproduce Kendall and Halladay in the 2nd half.

Thats a very bold statement but you supported it with some good info.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jojo » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:27 am

ajgnydc722 wrote:
jojo wrote:I wouldnt give up Benson for Contreras right now... his birth certificate obviously lies and much of his publicity is generated by the fact that he is on the yanks and journalists loves kissing steinburner's ass.

if he really had a good outing, why cant he last beyond 6 innings? I'm keeping my fingers crossed whenever a guy has a "great" outing but couldnt go the distance... :-t

Umm, he didn't last past 6 innings because he got hurt with a forearm cramp. And I would definately give up Benson for him.

appearantly the yanks dont agree with you as they're talking about acquiring benson for the rotation to possibly replace contreras... enjoy the ride while it last, the more contreras pitch well at this point of the season the more i'm convinced georgey is trying to juice up his stats for a possibly throw-in candidate in a trade for a top lefty...
jojo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ajgnydc722 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:32 am

I'm not talking about real baseball. I'm talking about fantasy. I would not trade Contreras for Benson if I had Contreras on a fantasy team. Benson is still on the Pirates and that destroys his value. Contreras has tremendous upside and the most dangerous offense in the game.

Don't try to change the subject and compare fantasy to real life because they are very different.

PS: Lieber is as much of a candidate to be replaced by Benson as Contreras is. If Contreras pitches well his next 2 or 3 times out and Lieber continues to suck, then sorry to break it to you, but Contreras will still be in the rotation.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:34 am

Also, you are an idiot if you think the Pirates are going to accept Contreras for Benson. Like Pittsburgh really wants to take on a 30M dollar contract. Get real. George isn't juicing up stats.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:36 am

One more thing....weren't the guy in the other post that said "Yankees will acqire Odalis Perez, hands down," or was that somebody else by the name of jojo?? You seem to be contradicting yourself alot here. :-?
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers