Ridiculous Trade Rumor: - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ridiculous Trade Rumor:

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nsulham » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:45 pm

Not that I exactly want Glavine but...

Do you really think the Mets would trade Glavine to the Yankees? Isn't there that big "Back Page" rivalry or whatever?

Plus I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Moyer might not be going anywhere.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:48 pm

FOXSports.com is reporting the Mariners GM said Moyer is not being traded. Of course that could change in a heartbeat. ;-)

I have no familiarity with Boston's minor league system but if they made an attractive offer to the Mets for Glavine what could Steinbrenner possibly do to prevent it?
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nsulham » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:48 pm

Also regarding the Sox, the new buzz is that they're interested in a 1B, be it Sweeney or Delgado. I wouldn't mind either one but Sweeney is doubtful to go because he loves KC and he's all they've got right now and Delgado I'm thinking the price would be too much.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nsulham » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:49 pm

Amazinz wrote:FOXSports.com is reporting the Mariners GM said Moyer is not being traded. Of course that could change in a heartbeat. ;-)

I have no familiarity with Boston's minor league system but if they made an attractive offer to the Mets for Glavine what could Steinbrenner possibly do to prevent it?

That's why when someone mentioned Wigginton in a trade, forget for who, I initially thought Youkilis for Glavine but then I remembered the Mets have Wright so I doubt they'd want Youkilis.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:50 pm

Amazinz wrote:FOXSports.com is reporting the Mariners GM said Moyer is not being traded. Of course that could change in a heartbeat. ;-)

Didn't they say the same thing about Garcia? I remember about 5 days before Freddy got dealt the Mariners said they weren't going to trade players yet because they still think they have a chance.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:52 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:Didn't they say the same thing about Garcia? I remember about 5 days before Freddy got dealt the Mariners said they weren't going to trade players yet because they still think they have a chance.

Yep. ;-) They're all liars. Who know what's actually going on behind the scenes. Half of this crap just gets made up by the newspapers too.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Smizzy » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:08 pm

This isn't the 1st time ive heard the yanks are intrested in Preston Wilson.

I think if bernie didn't heat up,he'd already be here.
Smizzy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BobbyRoberto » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:22 pm

I'm in Seattle and they just started the news with Bavasi saying the team won't trade Moyer, Edgar Martinez, or Dan Wilson this year. I know they're all liars, but it would be a bad public relations move to trade Moyer. He's loved here, as is Edgar and Dan. The city wasn't as high on Freddy, although there was complaining about that trade because the average fan doesn't know anything about the players the M's got in return.

On top of that, the Yankees are severely hated in Seattle, so if Bavasi would trade Moyer to NY, the fans might want his head on a platter. The M's are all about good public relations, so I think Moyer will stay, unless he decides he wants out.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby ajgnydc722 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:32 pm

BobbyRoberto wrote:I'm in Seattle and they just started the news with Bavasi saying the team won't trade Moyer, Edgar Martinez, or Dan Wilson this year. I know they're all liars, but it would be a bad public relations move to trade Moyer. He's loved here, as is Edgar and Dan. The city wasn't as high on Freddy, although there was complaining about that trade because the average fan doesn't know anything about the players the M's got in return.

On top of that, the Yankees are severely hated in Seattle, so if Bavasi would trade Moyer to NY, the fans might want his head on a platter. The M's are all about good public relations, so I think Moyer will stay, unless he decides he wants out.

I heard or read somewhere recently that Moyer would love to go to NY or Boston.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BobbyRoberto » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:37 pm

I haven't heard that but if he does want to go, the team would part with him, as long as the fans understand it's Moyer's decision and that the team isn't to blame.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers