2nd place...HELP NEEDED - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

2nd place...HELP NEEDED

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2nd place...HELP NEEDED

Postby paulman8 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:59 pm

Any ideas on what to trade for/who to trade would be great.

Rotiserrie style
Scoring is in following categories: runs, rbis, hrs, sbs, avg., wins, saves, k's, era, and whip.

10 teams
I had first draft pick and have made a TON of trades...10 I think.

Roster:
C- Ivan Rodriguez (Pudge)
1B- J. Thome
2B- M. Young
3B- Alex Rodriguez
SS- Miguel Tejada
OF- Sammy Sosa
OF- Brian Giles
OF- Beltran
Util.- Pierre
Bench- L. Ford

Pitchers:
SP- Roy Oswalt
SP- Freddy Garcia
SP- J. Santana
SP- J. Westbrook
RP- Mariano Rivera
RP- K. Foulke
P- J. Frasor
Bench (RP)- Ugueth Urbina
Bench (SP)- K. Brown (DL)
Bench (SP)- J. Peavy (DL)
Bench (SP)- K. Escobar
DL- T. Hudson

Any assistance would be useful...I was wondering how good yall thought it was and who I should trade away for whom. Thanks for any help- Paul
Seeing as the Braves have won 12 division titles in a row, does that mean that soon they are going to have to start making columns as well???

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74587
paulman8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby paulman8 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:31 pm

bump...anyone?
Seeing as the Braves have won 12 division titles in a row, does that mean that soon they are going to have to start making columns as well???

paulman8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby eftda » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:35 pm

you could use a easy starter (some one who is hot now..) while your aces are on the bench... or trade Pierre for a starter. Try to trade Ford for figgons or podds.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: 2nd place...HELP NEEDED

Postby Baby Arm » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:35 am

paulman8 wrote:C- Ivan Rodriguez (Pudge)

heh, thanks for the clarification.
Baby Arm
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:33 am

That is a sick team. Thome, A-Rod, Beltran, Tejada, Sosa, Rivera, AND Foulke. I don't want to see the roster of the guy in first if you haven't locked up the title by now. OK, now for a suggestion I guess....hmmm..... :-° See what you can get for Foulke, either another ace to fill in while your others are out, or maybe another second tier closer and a better option for your UTIL spot. You should be able to get a lot for him just on 'name value' even though his stats aren't exactly out of this world so far. Just a crazy suggestion if you wanted to shake things up a little bit. :-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby paulman8 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:15 pm

thanks for the help so far guys. And I know that its a great team...cuz I had an incredible draft and I've traded a ton. 10 times I think.The key to my success- the 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 deals. Such as (most recently) Mora, Delgado, and Isringhausen for Thome and Foulke. While people can argue that I gave too much, Im moving up in the standings. Unfortunately, the team in first has Posada, Pujols, Soriano, Manny, and Vlad...(must have made at least 20 trades by now...but he's commish, so his trades never get vetoed...a point which we made which has made him stop vetoing any trades whatsoever) Anyways. I was thinking that I should deal a closer and maybe a decent starter for an ace. Anyone see a potential combo here that could snag me someone? Thanks for all the input, and keep it up. :-)

paulman8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DaQ » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:36 am

You should win the league and I know why you're in 2nd place: starting pitching

It's not bad, but none of them have been great. Oswalt struggled until recently, Santana was horrible before June, Westbrook is ok-decent and Garcia got no run support in Seattle so he didn't get wins. Once all these pitchers round into form, you'll be soaring. When Hudson comes back, that will really help too,
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby paulman8 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:45 pm

anybody wanna tell me a way in which I can improve. I like the posts that state why my players could do better, and they give me confidence, but Im pretty sure that confidence doesnt go very far in fantasy. could somebody suggest who I could get/what I could do to improve?

paulman8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby paulman8 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:59 pm

bump...anyone?

paulman8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby scorched03 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:12 am

don't touch/trade your offense. its sick. it shoulda flat out win every category... although if it were me i'd trade beltran for abreau :)

ur pitchers are rounding into form and should get healthy. sit tight. the only guys i'd trade around are: frasor, urbina, escobar. they can be upgraded or combined into something more solid. try frasor/urbina to someone who sucks at saves?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 342#517342 plz help me. thanx
scorched03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team