Chipper Jones - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chipper Jones

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Super GM » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:37 pm

As slomo and I have posted in numerous other threads, I still believe he will come around. He's a career .300 hitter. This BA you're seing right now is ugly, I know that, you know that, Chipper knows that. I expect him to have a great second half of the season...
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby metsfan05 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:57 pm

Thanks for all the input there. I have kept Chipper on the bench as much as I can, but it's difficult with Magglio Ordonez out and half my pitching staff on the DL.
metsfan05
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby thetongueofire » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:06 pm

OK. unless Chipper goes on the DL for a major part of the remaining season or plays throgh all of it with a significant injury its extremely unlikely almost to the point of becoming impossible that Chipper doesnt turn it around in order to have somewhat respectable from now on. same for Boone. these kinda rhidiculous dropoffs in performance over such a long period of time like a whole season are very rare, even moreso for experienced guys. :-°

btw Chipper's hammy is still kinda sore.
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

don

Postby JOEG » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:23 pm

I would never suggest cutting Chipper. He is just too good. Will he end on 300/30/110 this year? Or corse not! However in the second half he could easily go 300/15/50... I think this is the guy on the top of the buy low list right now... there are a lot of rumours about trading AJones for a more reliable bat, ie Magglio.... so that could only help. His power is actually right on track with in a full season at this rate would be in the low 30's easily. One thing to consider is that he is coming off a very serious injury and also His 1-2 hitters that are real good have missed ALOT of time. Also Furcal just hasen't hit his stride yet. Last night Furcal had a decent game - Chip had 2 RBI's right there. So when Giles comes back and Furcal starts hitting - look out
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Chipper

Postby Willie3101 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:59 pm

As a braves fan i have trouble believing that chipper is done. I think he is in the same boat as Andruw and is just in a slump. Chipper isnt done and dropping chipper onto waivers will just ensure that someone elses lineup is that much better second half.
Let's play two!
Willie3101
College Coach
College Coach

Postby George_Foreman » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:01 pm

i'd be inclined to trade for chipper now, but i've already got andruw on my team! i don't think i could deal with two slumping jones at the same time...
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Zen Boy » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:04 pm

I need a 3B desperately in a 14 man HTH points league and have the opportunity to trade Burrell for Chipper . . . is this a good buy low sell high maneuver or is Burrell too good?
Zen Boy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby slomo007 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:05 pm

Zen Boy wrote:I need a 3B desperately in a 14 man HTH points league and have the opportunity to trade Burrell for Chipper . . . is this a good buy low sell high maneuver or is Burrell too good?

Do that trade in a heartbeat IMO.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Bwannna » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:06 pm

George_Foreman wrote:i'd be inclined to trade for chipper now, but i've already got andruw on my team! i don't think i could deal with two slumping jones at the same time...

It's tough, that's what I'm doing, although there some hits happening last night, so I'm hoping it's the light at the end of the tunnel (and not a train).
Bwannna
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JamesBond007 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:59 pm

Chipper is definitely a great buy-low guy in keeper leagues. I got him earlier in the season for Alex Sanchez in my dynasty league. Next year, he'll be fully healthy(hopefully) and able to man 3B for my squad. Hopefully, the Braves will address some of their offensive holes this offseason too.....
-----J
JamesBond007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers