Need help on this trade.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Need help on this trade....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need help on this trade....

Postby ntremain23 » Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:34 pm

Should I or should I not propose trades to try to get rid of Vicente Padilla for the second half of the season? In my mind I KNOW that he won't keep up his stellar year and I want to get rid of him before he flops. Should I propose to try to get Tim Hudson for him? Or who should I try to get in his place?
N Tremain
ntremain23

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:42 pm

If you can get Hudson, then you'll likely make a huge profit. I wouldn't hesitate to deal Padilla for a pitcher of that caliber; just make sure the other owner knows about Padilla's slight soreness (of course, after all that was said about the reasons for calling the all-star fiasco, er, game, it's unlikely that anybody hasn't heard that Padilla isn't quite at 100%).
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bliz34 » Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:29 pm

I AGREE WITH THE IDEA OF JUMPING SHIP ON PADILLA. IF YOU DO DECIDE TO KEEP HIM YOU MIGHT WANT TO USE HIM SPARINGLY LIKE ONLY PLAYING HIM WHEN HE PITCHES AT HOME. HE'S BEEN PITCHING REAL WELL AT HOME AND TENDING TO DROP ON THE ROAD. WITH INJURIES/ HISTORY IT'S A SAFE BET HE'LL FALTER. I LOVE EVERYBODY BEING DOWN ON HUDSON BECAUSE I AM CONFIDENT HE WILL BE MORE PRODUCTIVE IN THE SECOND HALF. I'VE HAD HIM SINCE THE GET GO AND I JUST ACQUIRED ZITO TO COMPLIMENT HIM. I LIKE OAKLANDS CHANCES IN THE SECOND HALF IN GENERAL WITH CHAVEZ BEING A SECOND HALF PERFORMER AND DYE LIKELY TO TURN AROUND.
Bliz34
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers