Will the Mets make anymore deals? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will the Mets make anymore deals?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:30 pm

DieHardCubbie wrote:
Amazinz wrote: There is also my blog (shameless plug) where I get to vent about the Mets. :-)

One more plug...I have read (almost) every article you have posted...keep up the great work... ;-D

yeah?

amazin, why don't you post a link in your sig ... that way other people can see it too. Or is that against the cafe rules?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:32 pm

slomo007 wrote:
bjm97 wrote:A friend of mine said that the mets were going after Paul Wilson. If the reds are in the hunt why would they make that trade? Anyone else here of other rumors?

I hope that's true...his value will never be higher, and we all know he's overperforming. And yes, I'm a Cincy fan saying this. Finally, a spot for Claussen might be a reality. ;-D

true true ....

but come to think of it ...

It actually sounds like a Mets trade ya know ...? ;-7
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:38 pm

wrveres wrote:amazin, why don't you post a link in your sig ... that way other people can see it too. Or is that against the cafe rules?

I am not sure if it's against the Cafe rules. I will do that until someone tells me to stop. I never really thought about. ;-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:47 pm

Amazinz wrote:
wrveres wrote:amazin, why don't you post a link in your sig ... that way other people can see it too. Or is that against the cafe rules?

I am not sure if it's against the Cafe rules. I will do that until someone tells me to stop. I never really thought about. ;-)

cool, I am prety sure somebody else has a link to there site in there sig too ... besides, its just blog ... a good one too ;-D
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Urge » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:21 pm

My prediction: Ramon Ortiz will be a Met soon.
Urge
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bjm97 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:06 pm

Urge wrote:My prediction: Ramon Ortiz will be a Met soon.

I hope you are right Urge. Having Ortiz would be a better option IMO than Wilson or Lidle (who can be awful at times). Benson would be nice if the Mets could sign him long term. Even if they can't sign Benson long term it would be a deal that management would make. While I like Wiggy and agree that his fantasy value is minimal he is a hard nosed player. I sure hope Wright is the real deal at the major league level.
bjm97
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DK » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:34 pm

Hm...

So many possibilities...

TreeRucker, what are you talking about?

I don't like Benson, but then again, no real quality pitcher is on the trade market this season. I could plausibly see Leiter being traded, no matter how much I like him. We've probably made a couple of offers for Zito, but Beane's the best in the majors (by miles) and we'll probably get screwed out of multiple players/prospects if we go for Zito.

Honestly? I've no idea what we should do.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby WeaponsMasProduction » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:44 pm

i think its far more likely that the mets trade away some vets (leiter, trachsel, floyd), than they start bringing people in. they dont really have a shot at the playoffs, far too many holes.
WeaponsMasProduction
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:48 pm

WeaponsMasProduction wrote:i think its far more likely that the mets trade away some vets (leiter, trachsel, floyd), than they start bringing people in. they dont really have a shot at the playoffs, far too many holes.

I agree and disagree. If the Mets make any major moves I think they should be made in preparation for next year. The Mets can field a pretty solid team next year and be a contender.

But the Mets do have a shot at the playoffs because the NL East is up for grabs. I just don't think I would sacrifice anything and just take my chances with what we have.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bjm97 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:54 am

I hear that Scioscia and management have no interest in dealing Ortiz (especially with the play/health of Colon/Washburn). At least Hidalgo has been a monster so far!!!
bjm97
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers