will this get vetoed? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

will this get vetoed?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Irish » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:52 am

He wants a change of scenery? Yeah, when people get tired of Hawaii, they always seem to move to New Jersey.

Stupid. :-t
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: will this get vetoed?

Postby bboy » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:17 am

jms64796 wrote:some guy offered me arod and kendall for aramis and loduca... i obviously accepted but im afraid itll get vetoed. what do u think first off of the trade and secondly if itll get vetoed?

There should be a seperate forum for joke posts
bboy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thehat » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:14 am

It's trades such as these that make vetoing a necessary tool to at least insure a league maintains integrity. Even if there's no collusion involved here, it's the type of deal that might cause another owner to simply give up and can therefore corrupt the league.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bjm97 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:21 pm

I am complete against veto's unless collusion or dumping is involved. However- this trade is a joke- I would be shocked if it wasn't veto'd in almost any league. If he wants to move Arod- make the trade more reasonable.
bjm97
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JuiceMonkey » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:36 pm

How can anyone veto a trade unless there is some obvious collusion going on? Now, I dont know the particulars of this league but from the original post it seems to me that there isnt any cheating going on here... just some fantasy noob making a bad deal, no reason to veto because someone is stupid. I hate the veto tool because jealous owners will veto anything that threatens their own team regardless if its a legit deal.

I have said it before and will prob have to say it again... Some people do collude but others are just dumb.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
-Frank Sinatra
JuiceMonkey
College Coach
College Coach

Postby great gretzky » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:18 pm

well, to the outsider, it looks like obvious collusion...
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Madison » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:52 am

I'd veto it in a heartbeat and I hate to veto trades. Unless you have left out some very important information, this trade is way too lopsided to let through and could compromise the integrity of the league.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby KULCAT » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:43 am

TEKTON wrote:Id veto it in a heartbeat. That's a joke.

Too many veto happy people here.

I'd veto it in a heartbeat and I hate to veto trades. Unless you have left out some very important information, this trade is way too lopsided to let through and could compromise the integrity of the league.

Yeah im sure thats what they were thinking. Not "this guy is gonna beat the hell out of me now" or "why didnt he send that trade to me" but "i gotta take care of my league"

If there´s no collussion there should be no veto. You have the same chance of getting the better end of deal than the guy that did had. Its just sour grapes
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby bjm97 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:30 am

Can the other owner join my league- I have some top talent to trade like Glaus/Sexson.... :-B
bjm97
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:11 am

KULCAT wrote:
TEKTON wrote:Id veto it in a heartbeat. That's a joke.

Too many veto happy people here.

Yeah im sure thats what they were thinking. Not "this guy is gonna beat the hell out of me now" or "why didnt he send that trade to me" but "i gotta take care of my league"

If there´s no collussion there should be no veto. You have the same chance of getting the better end of deal than the guy that did had. Its just sour grapes

Sour grapes? Hardly. That deal is in no way, shape, or form, even close to fair. If that trade went through in any of my leagues, the league would most likely disband due to the sheer lunacy of anyone thinking it's acceptable.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers