Where's all the folks that hate on Jeter? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where's all the folks that hate on Jeter?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where's all the folks that hate on Jeter?

Postby Baseballer02 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:39 pm

Where's all the folks that say Jeter doesn't produce? Where's all the folks that say he shouldn't be an All-Star? Seems like he's probably one of the best shortstops in the AL right now, though I'm not looking at everyone's stats, but with that being said, it looks like he's well on his way to 100R-20HR-20SB-80RBI-.300AVG, which I'll take from a middle infielder any day.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where's all the folks that hate on Jeter?

Postby GSes » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:43 pm

Baseballer02 wrote:Where's all the folks that say Jeter doesn't produce? Where's all the folks that say he shouldn't be an All-Star? Seems like he's probably one of the best shortstops in the AL right now, though I'm not looking at everyone's stats, but with that being said, it looks like he's well on his way to 100R-20HR-20SB-80RBI-.300AVG, which I'll take from a middle infielder any day.

try

10 0R
28 HR
100 RBI
15 SB
300 avg

he has 9HR in June, most of his career for any 1 month, Jeter is on fire and he is a 2nd half player anyways. He might hit 30HR, his career high is 24 and he is going to easily break that.

His lost season has tuend into a CAREER YEAR
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:50 pm

Damn right, where all those Jeter-haters now? Overrated? Yeah right. His homeruns this year make him as valueable as people had Nomar and Tejada at the beginning of this year. Jeter is a deserving All-Star and his play over the last 1-2 months puts up a strong case that he deservedly is starting the game.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beltrans_boy » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:58 pm

Jeter is ugly.

:-o
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:35 am

I'm still here..........still hatin on Jeter.

As good as he's been over the past 20 games his BA is still horrible.....only his HR are above expectations....SB's, BA, and runs are far below what people expected..........talk to me in a month. Don't tell me that a few weeks of good baseball erases 2 horrible months.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:44 am

His batting average is not horrible when put in perspective to where he was just a short time ago (under .200 I believe.) He's on fire right now. If somebody can't see that then they are blind. Nobody says it erases the two bad months he had, but it sure as hell eases the pain, both for the Yankees and fantasy teams everywhere. He's not just playing mediocre, he's kicking @$$ and is doing his best to make up for the poor start.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:50 am

Yes it erases the pain temporarily, but he's still having a horrible year. A good few weeks, but a bad year. I'm not blind, it's just that 3 great weeks won't make me forget the first 7 horrible ones. For most players a hot streak is considered an anomoly, but apparently for Jeter it means he'll destroy his career high in HR and play like A-Rod for the rest of the year......I'm not buying it. But you guys can keep telling yourselves this is the real Jeter...............

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby perlick29 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:55 am

I agree Lb, that the homerun total can't continue. But you gotta admit, Jeter's track record shows that he hots for a high average which in this yankee lineup means runs and rbi's galore. And what if you traded for Jeter at his lowest and have only acquired his stats in June like I did in one of my weaker leagues? Not such a disappointment now is he?
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:00 am

Oh of course his June stats are great......but for the season, despite how good he's been, he'll have to play like this for another month to even out his stats. And I don't see that happening, let alone playing like this or even close to it for another 3 and a half months.

These Jeter fans are saying "I told you so" when really there isn't grounds to do so. That's why I said talk to me in a month.

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:03 am

I am one of those folks who bought low on Jeter this year. Well you know how that's turned out. Can't complain. ;-D

Where are all the Renteria people? :-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers