Is Nate Field A Field of Dreams??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Nate Field A Field of Dreams???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Nate Field A Field of Dreams???

Postby BostonBob44 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:37 pm

Is nate field worth picking up? I had Affledt but it looks like he is out for a while. Anyone going to pick up Nate?
src="http://www.bostondirtdogs.com/2004/DO_10.8.jpg>"
BostonBob44
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:38 pm

He's definitely worth picking up in most leagues. He won't be the best closer in the league, but Affeldt's muscle turned out to be torn so apparently he'll be out at least 6 weeks. Factor in the fact that you know the Royals won't trade for a closer, and it's pretty safe to say that Field is pretty secure in the job.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Xtreemes » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:48 pm

whats the latest word on macdougal? i havent heard anything in awhile.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:49 pm

Xtreemes wrote:whats the latest word on macdougal? i havent heard anything in awhile.

He's still in the Minors where he belongs.... ;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby athakkar » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:53 pm

I wonder how many save opps the Royals will even get now since Beltran is gone...have they thrown in the towel yet?
athakkar Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby slomo007 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:54 pm

Any Major League closer is worth owning....except maybe the closer of the day in Arizona...that situation is a mess right now. Other than Arizona, every team's closer should be owned in all 12 team or higher leagues...no exceptions.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby perlick29 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:12 pm

slomo007 wrote:He's definitely worth picking up in most leagues. He won't be the best closer in the league, but Affeldt's muscle turned out to be torn so apparently he'll be out at least 6 weeks. Factor in the fact that you know the Royals won't trade for a closer, and it's pretty safe to say that Field is pretty secure in the job.

I'm very insecure about these things slomo. Can you send me a link where it says his muscle is torn? I just got offered Greinke for him and the owner knows he's hurt so I can probably accept it. It's my expert league so I just want to be sure so I can take the deal. Thanks.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:13 pm

perlick29 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:He's definitely worth picking up in most leagues. He won't be the best closer in the league, but Affeldt's muscle turned out to be torn so apparently he'll be out at least 6 weeks. Factor in the fact that you know the Royals won't trade for a closer, and it's pretty safe to say that Field is pretty secure in the job.

I'm very insecure about these things slomo. Can you send me a link where it says his muscle is torn? I just got offered Greinke for him and the owner knows he's hurt so I can probably accept it. It's my expert league so I just want to be sure so I can take the deal. Thanks.

Rotoworld wrote:Jeremy Affeldt - R - KC
Buy Royals Tickets

An MRI revealed that Jeremy Affeldt has partially torn muscles in his rib cage. He's expected to miss at least six weeks.
It's possible that Affeldt won't be back until rosters expand on Sept. 1. Maybe Mike MacDougal will return to compete for closidng duties next month, but Nate Field has plenty of value now. Jun. 27 - 8:09 pm et

http://www.rotoworld.com
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby jbones733 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:21 pm

roto said Affeldt could be out til Sept, I just picked up Field for A Rhodes, but i heard from a friends, Scott Sullivan will split the closng duties w Field ????

i have no clue if this is true or if my friend (also manager in my league) is playing mind games w me, (they do that in my league)

if it is true splitting saves opps would suck considering they only get 1 every other week to begin with
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby slomo007 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:23 pm

I don't think I'd worry too much about Sullivan....Huisman has the best chance of eventually becoming the closer, but he hasn't been great this year so I wouldn't worry about it.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers