The idiot video. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The idiot video.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby d18Mike » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:47 am

Here's the video -- it's a pretty slow connection unless you have cable.

http://rdu.news14.com/content/top_stori ... ArID=49357

I just love the photo of the guy with the story ... the poor woman he is with -- she's watching the game but you can just feel her wanting to crawl under the seats.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wkelly91 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:50 am

I understand the crowd gave him hell till he finally left in the fourth inning. You would think with everyone giving him hell he would have relented and given the kid the ball and apologized to his mother. :-t
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:57 am

People made it out to be like he killed the kid or something, but he tapped into him. That I didnt care about. Its not like it was intentional. He should have given him the ball, but they're some idiots out there who think a foul ball by some random player will be worth something.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:47 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:People made it out to be like he killed the kid or something, but he tapped into him. That I didnt care about. Its not like it was intentional. He should have given him the ball, but they're some idiots out there who think a foul ball by some random player will be worth something.

Exactly, the guy was a complete jerk, but hell, I've done some pretty stupid things myself in my younger years while drinking beer. :-/

Taking this guys face and plastering it all over national tv with the announcer saying "There's the biggest jerk in the ballpark" I personally think is a bit much. I'm sure each and every single one of us at one time or the other has done something worse than that.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MrTwo94 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:53 am

josebach wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:People made it out to be like he killed the kid or something, but he tapped into him. That I didnt care about. Its not like it was intentional. He should have given him the ball, but they're some idiots out there who think a foul ball by some random player will be worth something.

Exactly, the guy was a complete jerk, but hell, I've done some pretty stupid things myself in my younger years while drinking beer. :-/

Taking this guys face and plastering it all over national tv with the announcer saying "There's the biggest jerk in the ballpark" I personally think is a bit much. I'm sure each and every single one of us at one time or the other has done something worse than that.

I'll have to agree with both of these posts. I was watching the game. It was way overblown. I had to turn it off because the announcers just would not get off the damn subject. They wanted the kid to have the ball more than the kid did. I was hoping they would finally let it go and let me watch some baseball. $#!&
MrTwo94
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby cwebb » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:22 am

The kid got some signed bats and balls afterwards, so why on earth would the kid care about one more, unsigned random ball?

He gave the ball back a few days ago! Didn't watch the video, but if the kid really didn't look at the foul bal, he might have gotten hurt anyway.

And he didn't even pull a Bartman... ;-7
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Kingsac » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:07 pm

I think that guy is a total jerk, the way he laid on the ground and wresteled the ball from the woman was sad. then he stands up and pushes her son into the chairs was by accident im sure but still sad to watch. the worst part and the reason he is a total jerk is that he was all smug, refusing to admit he was wrong. I'm glad they put him all over TV, I bet he won't ever pull that $hit again.
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby d18Mike » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:30 pm

I think in some situations it's possible for the adreneline to get pumping a little too fast. And I can understand the blind lunge for the ball. I'm prepared to believe that he didn't actually mean to plow a little kid over.

But what is reprehensible is that upon realizing his mistake -- and having 20,000+ people point it out -- he failed to correct it immediately. In not doing so made a genuine buttock of himself and deserved to bask in the hot spotlight of his stupidity.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KULCAT » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:34 pm

A message from the Steve Bartman foundation
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Flockers » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:42 pm

wkelly91 wrote:I understand the crowd gave him hell till he finally left in the fourth inning. You would think with everyone giving him hell he would have relented and given the kid the ball and apologized to his mother. :-t

Suprised there hasn't been a lawsuit. Or has there? :-?

Hopefully a jerkoff will knock me over at a Twins game then I'll get a bat signed my Harmon Killebrew...
Flockers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk