Who will have a better Second half?Zito or Loaiza, - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who will have a better Second half?Zito or Loaiza,

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who will have a better Second half?Zito or Loaiza,

Postby bruuno2 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:41 pm

Your thoughts! :-?
bruuno2
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

response

Postby bruuno2 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:43 pm

I'm just wondering if i should use up my #1 waiver priority on Zito. :-o
bruuno2
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: response

Postby athxu » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:45 pm

bruuno2 wrote:I'm just wondering if i should use up my #1 waiver priority on Zito. :-o

How the mighty have fallen... And fallen he has. Zito is a bum. Get rid of him now. }:-)
athxu
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:04 pm

agreed he has fallen but it totally depends on how big the league is,,,,,10-12 team mixed sure he may deserve the waiver wire, but 15-17 team league,,,,you have to stick it out and hope.....Pray..

I traded Paul Wilson and Glavine for Zito and Marquis about a month ago,,,,,,I THOUGHT marquis was the 'throw in in the deal" maybe it was Zito after all. LOL

INKcogKNEEdough
"There was shrinkage!".....(George costanza)

Http://www.briliantdonkey.blogspot.com
INKcogKNEEdough
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Zito is God » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:15 pm

bruuno2 wrote:I'm just wondering if i should use up my #1 waiver priority on Zito. :-o

Umm....yes.

If Zito could have gotten some run support suring his amazing performances he would be up to about 9 W's by now. I hate the arguement that Zito has hit his prime, hes freakin' 26!

Most people won't look at my arguement too much because they automatically assume that because of my sn I always defend him, but do what you want with it.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Althalius » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:26 pm

For god sakes pick up Zito!! Will ANY waiver wire player have the Cy Young upside/"ceiling" Zito has? 8-o
Althalius
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GSes » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:28 pm

athxu wrote:

How the mighty have fallen... And fallen he has. Zito is a bum. Get rid of him now. }:-)

That makes my list of one of the top 10 dumbest posts or statements I have ever seen on these threads over the lasy year+ and I have seen some pretty bad stuff.

Zito is a second half pitcher first off.

NExt, here is a TRIVIA QUESTION FOR YOU? WHAT IS BARRY ZITO's ERA OVER THE LAST MONTH?

his ERA over last month is 3.08

His K's are back up this season

he had a poor April
pitched great in may
pitched ok in june

He gets no support, he could easily have 7 or 8 wins right now.

Everyone is convinced he has fallen of the planet, and I come on here DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY

Im sick of it, im tired of it

Like ZIG said, do whatever you want with zito, why the hell would I care?

I have spent so much time defending zito on this site, I can't even begin to count the hours.

From here on out when I see the daily zito sucks threads, im going to ignore them

and when zito gets rolling, just remeber who told you so. because i will be there to scream it into ur face. :-D
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thetongueofire » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:30 pm

yep, you gotta pick him up. even with the no, 1 priority (unless you definitely know that your leaguemates are completely stupid and wont pick him up) however bad hes been hes still not WW material.. 8-o
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beltrans_boy » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:32 pm

GSes wrote:
athxu wrote:

That makes my list of one of the top 10 dumbest posts or statements I have ever seen on these threads over the lasy year+ and I have seen some pretty bad stuff.

Zito is a second half pitcher first off.

NExt, here is a TRIVIA QUESTION FOR YOU? WHAT IS BARRY ZITO's ERA OVER THE LAST MONTH?

his ERA over last month is 3.08

His K's are back up this season

he had a poor April
pitched great in may
pitched ok in june

He gets no support, he could easily have 7 or 8 wins right now.

Everyone is convinced he has fallen of the planet, and I come on here DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY

Im sick of it, im tired of it

Like ZIG said, do whatever you want with zito, why the hell would I care?

I have spent so much time defending zito on this site, I can't even begin to count the hours.

From here on out when I see the daily zito sucks threads, im going to ignore them

and when zito gets rolling, just remeber who told you so. because i will be there to scream it into ur face. :-D

I agree! Great post... ;-D
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby athxu » Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:42 pm

GSes wrote:That makes my list of one of the top 10 dumbest posts or statements I have ever seen on these threads over the lasy year+ and I have seen some pretty bad stuff.

Haha, I guess in this forum it pays to be literal, as sarcasm or overstatements tend to be missed. I thought the "mischievous" smiley would do the trick, but apparently not. Next time I'll add in the obligatory "j/k" at the end.

Of course I agree that he shouldn't be dropped, unless it's a really shallow league. But you can't deny his current problems:

The 3.08 ERA is really misleading. You're talking about 7 games. If I say, in June (and June is almost over), he has an ERA of 3.9, you'd probably say, well, that's not enough games. Well it's only 1 fewer game than "last month". It happens that the May game was an 8 inning shutout.

Plus, the last game he allowed 6 runs, only 1 of which is "earned", but he allowed 2 home runs! They're clearly "unearned" in name only. If all those runs counted, his ERA'd be 4.5. That's Todd Van Poppel territory there! If I really wanted to make things look bad, I'd say, "His run average in June is 5.7!" And we'd all go "Gah! Dump him now!" Right? Right?? (Obligatory j/k about here...)

I'm sure you'll say, "Well but those runs aren't earned. etc etc." So let's look at a statistic that's a little more sensitive and better with the small number of games we have the past month, Zito's WHIP the past month is 1.45. It's not terrible but it's clearly MEDIOCRE. Looking only in June, it's 1.6. Not such great stuff now is it?

As for having the last laught, I'll take my Santana and you can have your Zito. At the end of the season if Santana doesn't beat Zito in ERA, WHIP, and Ks, I'll eat crow.
athxu
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers