Jimy Williams is a LOSERRRRRRR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jimy Williams is a LOSERRRRRRR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Payne Dailey » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:15 pm

Amazinz wrote:The Astros won didn't they? ;-)

Yeah they did, nice game by Oswalt.
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slomo007 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:19 pm

Drese pitched just as well...I would suggest grabbing him if for some reason he's still available in your league. He is a completely different type of pitcher this year, and it's paying off well.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jimy Williams is a LOSERRRRRRR

Postby thehat » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:26 pm

ssjl wrote:Bagwell bats second today-ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Williams is GARBAGE-He doesn't know 1 minute to the next what lineup to make out.Jimy it goes like this moron---1-biggio 2-beltran 3-bagwell 4Berkman(lets break up Kent & Bags 2 righties) 5-kent & the bottom 3 don't matter. Fire this loser NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm no Williams lover by any stretch, but you want to waste Beltran in the #2 hole? That's absurd. It would be barely acceptable in the AL, only because it would be possible to put table setters in the 9 hole plus leadoff. But in the NL, with the pitcher hitting ninth, hitting Beltran second is not a good idea.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby TreeRucker » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:37 pm

biggio, kent, beltran , berkman, bagwell., that should be the order
"you couldn't get the crowd to throw their hands up if you swallowed all their fingers"
TreeRucker
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thehat » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:09 pm

I'll suggest something a little different. The problem with the lineups you're suggesting is they're all top loaded. You can't leave 6-9 bare. That's too many "easy outs" stacked together. Better to balance the attack, and keep a contact type in the second slot.

Personally, I'd hit Ensberg #2 on the days he plays. He has not hit for any power, but still maintains a decent avg. and he rarely K's (20/189 this season). That allows the power hitters to go 3-6, with Everett, Ausmus, pitcher at the bottom.

On days when Lamb plays or vs. lefties, I'd keep Everett in the second spot and hit Lamb seventh.

Putting a power hitter in the second spot in an NL lineup just doesn't make any sense....which is pretty much why no one does it.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby TreeRucker » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:20 pm

no way!....the 4 and 5th time the order comes around., u need those guys at the top.!
"you couldn't get the crowd to throw their hands up if you swallowed all their fingers"
TreeRucker
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Jimy Williams is a LOSERRRRRRR

Postby John Bonzo » Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:17 pm

ssjl wrote:Bagwell bats second today-ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Williams is GARBAGE-He doesn't know 1 minute to the next what lineup to make out.Jimy it goes like this moron---1-biggio 2-beltran 3-bagwell 4Berkman(lets break up Kent & Bags 2 righties) 5-kent & the bottom 3 don't matter. Fire this loser NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He usually bats Everett 2nd because Everett is one of the best bunters in the league, and Williams plays a very NL style of playing (plays small ball and goes for one run early lead in the first inning).

Jimmy said that he was going to toy with the lineup a bit to try to get a spark, and thats exactly what he did.

Im not sure how much of the Astros you have been watching this season, but Bagwell is not hitting for power or average really and is striking out a lot. Hes not someone i would want to have in the 3 spot with all these other great hitters in the lineup. My lineup would be:

Biggio
Everett
Beltran
Berkman
Kent
Bagwell
Ensberg/Lamb
Ausmus
Pitcher

And yes....i would platoon Ensberg and Lamb. Ensberg is a better defensive 3B, but Lamb is better offensively. For some reason, everyone thinks that Ensberg is such a great hitter, but in fact he really hasnt looked very good this season and has warranted teh platoon in my opinion.
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers